1st Round Pick (18th Overall): Jaire Alexander [CB; Louisville]

CWood21

Someone posted a short vid of CMIII getting to the Vikes QB in less than two seconds and they still made a completion on us. This happened a lot over the season; we did have an excellent pass rush, but, whether due to scheme or players, our coverage sucked in the first 2-3 seconds. Jaire and Pettine are going to fix a lot of this. Jaire plays tight, tight coverage and doesn’t switch to take the ball away mode until the last moment  

Josh Jackson leaves a lot more air between himself and the receiver. I think it will be easier to make long completions against him, but any mistakes by the quarterback will be coming back the opposite direction.

I love our first two picks. This is going to be a dangerous defense. 

Just now, blueswedeshoes said:

Someone posted a short vid of CMIII getting to the Vikes QB in less than two seconds and they still made a completion on us.

Yep.  Fans here will like Clay Matthews a LOT more this year when targets aren't open in 1.89 seconds.  Think of our secondary last year, then remember Clay Matthews had 7.5 sacks.  Really sickens me how much people here undervalue Clay Matthews.  This draft was really good for him. 

6 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Yep.  Fans here will like Clay Matthews a LOT more this year when targets aren't open in 1.89 seconds.  Think of our secondary last year, then remember Clay Matthews had 7.5 sacks.  Really sickens me how much people here undervalue Clay Matthews.  This draft was really good for him. 

I thought the Burks Pick meant Clay getting more snaps after the QB.

5 hours ago, HighCalebR said:

Eh, Casey was All-God at zone and reading a QB.

Jaire is next level man skills. He's much more Shields than he is Casey.

It's why it's lazy. Athletically it's the only big difference, but stylistically and body type are way different.

1 hour ago, HorizontoZenith said:

First time since the AFL-NFL merger that a team gave away two first round picks to get a pick outside of the top 12. 

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/05/04/saints-paid-an-unusually-big-price-to-draft-marcus-davenport/

To the people still in denial on just how great a value we got in that trade. 

Also, who was the first one here to spot the talent that a team traded away 2 first round picks for??? Eh eh?

I remember @CWood21 scolding me for suggesting Davenport was a first rounder. Tee hee

Archived