1st Round Pick (18th Overall): Jaire Alexander [CB; Louisville]

CWood21

On 5/4/2018 at 12:57 PM, DavidatMIZZOU said:

I was absolutely in that boat.  I saw James and Edmunds (and Davenport) on the board and we traded to 27.  I didn't even think of future picks, I thought we probably got like Saints 1, 2 & 3 or something, in a draft where we were picking the highest we had in a long time and also had 12 picks.

I was fine with it when I learned that we also got a 2019 1st (found out pretty quickly, but that first minute or two was not a good feeling), but still a little disappointed that we wouldn't pick until 27.  Then after the trade up, I was happy how things turned out.

That's basically how it unfolded for me.  I was upset that everything wasn't being done to improve the team immediately, but we ultimately selected the best available player in our biggest area and picked up a huge bonus.

37 minutes ago, DavidatMIZZOU said:

Getting fired by Norm.

Ok. I totally get it then. I mean, he did provide incredibly insightful commentary on players and a huge forum asset with his professional experience and all. But if he isn't going to perform as expected in a fantasy role playing exercise, then what good is he?

The Packers announced the signing of first-round pick Jaire Alexander. The cornerback out of Louisville was the No. 18 overall selection in the draft. Alexander put himself squarely in the Round 1 conversation despite missing time with a knee injury in 2017. Some evaluators had concerns about Alexander’s slender build leading to another injury, but the potential was too much for Green Bay to pass up. The Packers moved around on draft night and still came away with the cornerback they wanted. The Packers shipped their original pick to the Saints for the No. 27 pick, a fifth-round choice, and the Saints’ first-round selection in 2019. Then, the Packers moved up nine spots by giving up their third and sixth-round choices in a swap with the Seahawks.

The Packers up in the first with the Seahawks to select Jaire Alexander in 2018. 
The Falcons traded up in the first with the Seahawks to select Takkarist McKinley in 2017.
The Broncos traded up in the first with the Seahawks to select Paxton Lynch in 2016.
The Saints traded up in the first with the Seahawks to select Stephone Anthony in 2015.
The Vikings traded up in the first with the Seahawks to select Teddy Bridgewater in 2014. 
The Vikings traded up in the first with the Seahawks to select Xavier Rhodes in 2013.
The Eagles up in the first with the Seahawks to select Fletcher Cox in 2012.

First, what in the hell is wrong with Seattle?  Seven straight years of trading down in the first.  Second, hopefully this trade turns out more like 2013/2012 than the rest of those years. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived