1st Round Pick (18th Overall): Jaire Alexander [CB; Louisville]

CWood21

Golfman was bitching me out for complaining and now he's complaining about moving down four spots in the draft, losing a 3rd round and a 6th round pick, gaining a 2019 first round pick and a 5th and 7th round pick this year. 

4 minutes ago, Golfman said:

We gave up a 1st, 3rd and 5th and got a 1st and 7th. I want TT back. This guy is a moron! 

Ugh- your spin is as bad as ever,  Golfman... The Packers traded a 1st, a 3rd and a 5th... The Packers received a 1st, a 1st,  a 5th and a 7th.

Just now, Golfman said:

Need players this year. Rodgers isn't getting younger. 

He's got half a decade left. We're still in the hunt this year regardless, Jaire will give us some plays this year I'd bet. No one that went between 14 and 18 was any better.

10 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Good Lord, how is 4 picks later the difference of a 2019 1st and a 2018 3rd???

What a team is willing to give up.  Seattle was desperate to trade down, New Orleans was desperate to trade up.

12 minutes ago, Blink said:

Jaire and a first next year for a mid and late round pick?

Yes please

Be careful thinking like that though.  There were 2 third round rookies who were pro bowlers last year.  There were probably 5 others who were very good starters for their squads.  While the first helps us next year trading the 3rd this year was a kick too the face for next year's team.  We've got a window that is closing as fast as any team's in the league (Witherspoon, Griffin, Lewis, Kupp, Elflien, ect.)....

Archived