1.19 - Welcome to Dallas LVE

D82

8 minutes ago, roysmyboy31 said:

I would have figured that picking a LB is more about Sean Lee getting older and being injury prone for well, his whole career.

This is what everyone is gonna say until we get to the regular season and Jaylon is still playing 15 snaps a game

LVE is a pro active pick.  He fills a need but more importantly we are preparing for the day when we cut ties with Lee.  Drafting is not an exact science.  I like what Mayock said of LVE - best zone dropping ilb he's seen since Kuechly.  Time will tell.  No inundating me with Mayock is an idiot comments please.

1 minute ago, Northland said:

LVE is a pro active pick.  He fills a need but more importantly we are preparing for the day when we cut ties with Lee.  Drafting is not an exact science.  I like what Mayock said of LVE - best zone dropping ilb he's seen since Kuechly.  Time will tell.  No inundating me with Mayock is an idiot comments please.

If he turns out to be like Kuechly for us, that's a hell of a win.

7 minutes ago, buddy_z34 said:

Sean Lee only played 50 more snaps than Smith last year

In 5 less games.

If the plan is to move Smith to SAM, then the plan is to have him off the field against passing formations. Richard is not playing more "3 LB sets", that's BS

2 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

In 5 less games.

If the plan is to move Smith to SAM, then the plan is to have him off the field against passing formations. Richard is not playing more "3 LB sets", that's BS

Richard isnt the Defensive coordinator though. It also says a lot that Smith played in all 16 games in his first full season. How many times has Lee given that to Cowboys in his entire career thus far?? 

Nobody was expecting Smith to come in an be a full time starter right away. Everyone knew it would take years to get back to some resemblance to what he was at Notre Dame. 

Archived