1.19 - Welcome to Dallas LVE

D82

12 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Dude has legit Top 10 measurables. How was he just a need?

We had a chance to a player who had top 10 measureables, filled a need and would've solidified the secondary. We're going to count on Jeff Heath again at Safety? Again? Safety is a glaring need yet these idiots keep trying to get mid round players to solve the issue at safety which is a huge need.

We give up huge leads every year and lose games cause our secondary is a joke. Vander Esch isn't going to stop OBJ, Jeffrey or Ridley (with Julio in Game 1) from torching our secondary. All they had to do was give up a 4th and 5th. This team is such a damn joke.

Just now, Tony7188 said:

We had a chance to a player who had top 10 measureables and would've transformed this defense by solidifying the secondary. We're going to count on Jeff Heath again at Safety? Again? Safety is a glaring need yet these idiots keep trying to get mid round players to solve the issue.

We give up huge leads every year and lose games cause our secondary is a joke. Vander Esch isn't going to stop OBJ, Jeffrey or Ridley (in Game 1) from torching the secondary. All they had to do was give up a 4th and 5th. This team is such a damn joke.

This team is not going to stop anyone without Lee on the field. Let alone OBJ, Jeffery, Jones and such. Finding Lee's replacement was Paramount. I mean tell me truthfully if you had all the confidence in the world Derwin was a Troy Polumalu type leader and play maker? Able to direct a defense, call plays, read a QB while putting himself in the position to make plays for us. We actually have someone that can learn from Lee. And take over when he goes down God forbid. Besides whats the best way to negate a top tier passing attack? A top tier pass rush. And LVE is a sideline to sideline play maker front 7 guy with 4.6 speed at nearly 260 pounds.

Derwin would have been nice. But having a LB that can cover TE's like Gronk, as well as actually lead a defense. That is 5 times better.

Concerns about LVE's neck seem to have stemmed from Walterfootball and then led to Mayock running with them. WF isn't the most credible of sources. 

I'm not worried about it. 

@Tony7188

The team spent picks on Awuzie, Lewis, and Woods last year and Frazier the year before that. Heath isn't the best, but he isn't the worst either. Moving Jones back to corner should benefit him as well. That's a pretty decent secondary. 

Trust me, I would have been beyond ecstatic had we landed James - but, we didn't. That's ok. Maybe we trade for a proven guy in Thomas or get one of the remaining safeties in this draft, of which there are some pretty good ones. 

20 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Dude has legit Top 10 measurables. How was he just a need?

He's a solid player. I had a second round grade personally. I had Harold Landry, James Daniels, Isaiah Wynn, and some others rated higher. They have a huge hole at LB, and they wanted to fill that. I also would have given up 81 to get Derwin James. That's a top 10 talent.

27 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

According to who? Some "rumors"? For all we know that was put out by the Steelers so he would fall to 28. There are no facts to support it.

He missed 6 or 7 games with a neck injury in 2016.

3 minutes ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

He's a solid player. I had a second round grade personally. I had Harold Landry, James Daniels, Isaiah Wynn, and some others rated higher. They have a huge hole at LB, and they wanted to fill that. I also would have given up 81 to get Derwin James. That's a top 10 talent.

But it doesn't seem to be a lingering issue contrary to those recent reports.

Just now, Desperado82 said:

But it doesn't seem to be a lingering issue contrary to those recent reports.

Yeah, it obviously didn't hold him back from competing in 2017, but it's worth noting - particularly since necks can be tricky. A team like Pittsburgh probably leaked something out to try to push LVE down to them.

1 minute ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

Yeah, it obviously didn't hold him back from competing in 2017, but it's worth noting - particularly since necks can be tricky. A team like Pittsburgh probably leaked something out to try to push LVE down to them.

I wouldn't doubt it. Or heck, maybe we did to scare other teams off.

2 minutes ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

Harold Landry is still falling due to injury concerns. I fail to see anything Daniels or Wynn have done to warrant a 19 overall pick. And you would have given up a 3rd for a guy who is really not much more athletic the LVE and didn't have the same amount of production failing to live up to his measurables. Not to mention kinda trash talked us at the combine about how we would need to trade up alot for him. For an actual defensive leader. One who has been compared to Brian Urlacher in terms of physical ability. So a 2nd round grade on that?

Plus he missed games in 2016 for various injuries. One was a pinched nerve in the neck I believe. Which can hold you out a few games, but it's not career threatening by any means.

2 minutes ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

Thats what I have said. Eagles, Steelers, multiple teams all clamoured for LVE. I doubt it was that big of an issue for them. More then likely somebody from the orginization leaked it to Walter Football and they ran with it thus did Mayock as well. Much like the racist tweets by Josh Allen.

Archived