1.19 - Welcome to Dallas LVE

D82

Just now, plan9misfit said:

Now if we can grab either Will Hernandez or Mo Hurst in the 2nd...

Rumors are Hurst may fall to Grady Jarrett territory.

2.50 - Hernandez
3.81 - Miller
4.116 - Hurst

would be damn good

9 minutes ago, buddy_z34 said:

Richard isnt the Defensive coordinator though. It also says a lot that Smith played in all 16 games in his first full season. How many times has Lee given that to Cowboys in his entire career thus far?? 

Nobody was expecting Smith to come in an be a full time starter right away. Everyone knew it would take years to get back to some resemblance to what he was at Notre Dame. 

You say that as it if justifies the pick somehow...

Run-and-hit LBs have short careers. You just can't take a guy in the Top 40 and not play him a lot, immediately, and expect sufficient ROI. Either that's not happening with Vander Esch this year, or it's not happening with Jaylon, ever.

2 minutes ago, buddy_z34 said:

Dont get my hopes up bruh

Lol would be nice, wouldn't it?

1 minute ago, matt79511 said:

Run-and-hit LBs have short careers. You just can't take a guy in the Top 40 and not play him a lot, immediately, and expect sufficient ROI. Either that's not happening with Vander Esch this year, or it's not happening with Jaylon, ever.

While it's true we may not see more 3 LB sets, per se...Jaylon has flexibility to play SAM in certain packages of come off as a blitzing LB/edge kind of player depending on the situation. I'm sure the staff will figure out a way to get them both equal playing time. 

11 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

I expect Jaylon to take over for Lee when #50 eventually gets injured every year an then for good when Lee is let go or retires.

A 2 LB set of Smith an LVE if both can reach their potential in 2 years would be pretty amazing.

1 hour ago, Tony7188 said:

I'm not happy about this pick. I picked Esch for Dallas because I thought there was no way Derwin or Tremaine would be in range for us to trade up. We have a glaring need at Safety. And Esch has a injury history...

According to who? Some "rumors"? For all we know that was put out by the Steelers so he would fall to 28. There are no facts to support it.

38 minutes ago, couchscout said:

I'm good with LVE although I really like Landry and had him rated higher

but all in I'm good with it and fills a need I'm more interested in tomos picks

Fact that Landry is still on the board should tell you teams are alot more concerned about his injuries then LVE who everyone 19 and passed were talking about drafting.

2 minutes ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

I really don't hate the player. I just thought there were better options at 19. Feel like we settled for need instead of superior talent.

Dude has legit Top 10 measurables. How was he just a need?

9 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Fact that Landry is still on the board should tell you teams are alot more concerned about his injuries then LVE who everyone 19 and passed were talking about drafting.

read a few places they have serious concern about his health

Archived