Steelers trade Bryant to Raiders

49erurtaza

5 minutes ago, DingoLadd said:

If Bryant had zero off the field issues he still wouldn't be worth that on a 1 year deal.... Like the upside but hopefully he doesn't go all Aldon Smith.

$1.9 for 1 year if he didn’t have off field issues?  That would be a good deal, but he does have offield issues so not so good of a deal with those issues.  A 5th and I would have been fine with it.

Good deal for both sides IMO....pending Bryant stays out of trouble.

Bryant could be dominant with Carr.  Will open up alot of short and intermediate stuff for the Raiders.   However, his inconsistency can be aggravating.    Even with all the big plays he provides, its annoying having a guy who feels like he could be so much more.

Still. the Raiders werent going to find someone with Bryant's talent in the 3rd.     Only reason Im happy is because we didnt really NEED him and he wouldve been gone next year anyway.

Best of luck to the Raiders and Martavis.     I still like him and hope he succeeds....even if he doesnt live up to what he COULD be.

3 hours ago, daineraider said:

$1.9 for 1 year if he didn’t have off field issues?  That would be a good deal, but he does have offield issues so not so good of a deal with those issues.  A 5th and I would have been fine with it.

I think it was meant that he only has 1 year left on his deal not the monetary value of his year left.

I'm fairly ecstatic for this trade. Moving a guy who has 1 year left on his deal for a pick in the Top 100. A guy who was no way going to re-sign with the Steelers after the year

A guy who you couldn't count on to be on the field and when he was on the field to show consistent effort or not pout when we didn't get targets

The Steelers will use one of their 3 Day 2 picks to fill this void in a pretty deep WR class

3 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Good deal for both sides IMO....pending Bryant stays out of trouble.

Bryant could be dominant with Carr.  Will open up alot of short and intermediate stuff for the Raiders.   However, his inconsistency can be aggravating.    Even with all the big plays he provides, its annoying having a guy who feels like he could be so much more.

Still. the Raiders werent going to find someone with Bryant's talent in the 3rd.     Only reason Im happy is because we didnt really NEED him and he wouldve been gone next year anyway.

Best of luck to the Raiders and Martavis.     I still like him and hope he succeeds....even if he doesnt live up to what he COULD be.

Probably not talent but production was a definite possibility.

8 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Way too much for a troubled WR. I hate this day.

Yeah, I didn't want the Packers to send a fourth for Bryant.  Every player who ever plays in the NFL is always one play away from retirement or being out for a year.  I just don't like to double down on that chance of losing a player when it's one play or one failed drug test.  I would have players who were a failed drug test away from a year long suspension on my team, but I'd never invest 1st to 4th round draft picks in that type of player. 

Archived