Kolton Miller, OT UCLA -- Raiders' 1st Selection 15th Overall

Trojan

3 hours ago, NickButera said:

Anyone else think that Gruden is calling all the shots? This smells like a Reggie pick through and through. 

Not true and actually the opposite.  The Vic Tafur (who is seemingly really well connected into this staff/FO this draft) article in the Athletic said the following:

1. Apparently we had two different draft boards (I'm assuming one was Reggie and the scouts and the other was Gruden and his staffs)

2. We didn't do any mock drafts before the draft like almost every other team does

3. Our 1st option was Roquan Smith

4. Our 2nd option was either Mike McGlinchey or Derwin James, with the coaches wanting McGlinchey and Reggie + scouts wanting Derwin.  

5. Once McGlinchey was gone the coaching staff wanted Kolton Miller and Reggie + the scouts wanted Derwin James. Obviously Gruden + Cable won out.

This whole situation seems pretty toxic to be honest and we looked incredibly unprepared + disorganized. 

9 minutes ago, Chwf3rd25 said:

Not true and actually the opposite.  The Vic Tafur (who is seemingly really well connected into this staff/FO this draft) article in the Athletic said the following:

1. Apparently we had two different draft boards (I'm assuming one was Reggie and the scouts and the other was Gruden and his staffs)

2. We didn't do any mock drafts before the draft like almost every other team does

4. Our 2nd option was either Mike McGlinchey or Derwin James, with the coaches wanting McGlinchey and Reggie + scouts wanting Derwin.  

5. Once McGlinchey was gone the coaching staff wanted Kolton Miller and Reggie + the scouts wanted Derwin James. Obviously Gruden + Cable won out.

This whole situation seems pretty toxic to be honest and we looked incredibly unprepared + disorganized. 

Gosh... if this is true... just ???.. someone in that room point out grudens success rate in TB?

Just now, RaiderBall said:

Gosh... if this is true... just ???.. someone in that room point out grudens success rate in TB?

Tafur tweeted about the two draft boards + not doing any mock drafts and then his Athletic article talks about the schism between the FO and coaches.  Really bad look all around especially considering how awful the trades were.

21 minutes ago, Chwf3rd25 said:

Sounds dysfunctional af 

38 minutes ago, Chwf3rd25 said:

Sounds about right this all stems from Mark Davis. 

1 hour ago, Chwf3rd25 said:

If this is true it is ridiculous.  Head coach give your input then step back and allow your GM to do his job.  This is going to turn into a him or me situation that RM is going to lose most likely.

3 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

If this is true it is ridiculous.  Head coach give your input then step back and allow your GM to do his job.  This is going to turn into a him or me situation that RM is going to lose most likely.

Forget RM the fans are the real victims, the 100 million dollar man can go back to the booth, and Reggie will find a new job but this is a complete waste of time for us, sad really.

This may turn into a Gruden, Dungy situation. We may win games is the short term with the talent that is already on the roster and old free agents but we are screwed for the long term, let's not forget it was Al Davis AND Gruden who created what we woke up to in 2003. 

1 minute ago, Nodisrespect said:

Forget RM the fans are the real victims, the 100 million dollar man can go back to the booth, and Reggie will find a new job but this is a complete waste of time for us, sad really.

This may turn into a Gruden, Dungy situation. We may win games is the short term with the talent that is already on the roster and old free agents but we are screwed for the long term, let's not forget it was Al Davis AND Gruden who created what we woke up to in 2003. 

Ya this is what I think as well.  We’ll be pretty good the next few years but suffer in the long term.  The Martavis Bryant trade is the best example as we’re giving up a cost controlled 3rd round player for 4 years for essentially a 1 year rental.  Really short sighted decisions overall.

13 minutes ago, Nodisrespect said:

I was not implying this sucks for RM  He will get another job.  I am a fan for life but if we have to go thru a decade and a half period like we did before I might need to find a second team to root for on Sundays.  Fantasy football is the only thing that got me thru the Patriots era.

I simply could not be more disappointed.  Not only getting horrid value in a trade down but managing to still make a bad pick? All I'm gonna say now is this kid better be good, because we passed on some damn good defenders for him. Total need-based pick and you couldn't have picked a worse scenario for it.

And not only that: HOW is our FO so terrible at keeping secrets? That's another very concerning thing.

I really can't believe we just did that .I know you got to let things play out but we all saw this movie over and over again.I see some people saying well New England was gonna pick like that post to make me feel better about the pick smh 

The kid better learn fast because this division we in got some of the best pass rushers.Dont know how true it is but heard we was about to trade up in the first round for another T.RM basically said it was them that wanted him y'all not gonna blame this one on me lol