Kolton Miller, OT UCLA -- Raiders' 1st Selection 15th Overall

Trojan

6 minutes ago, NickButera said:

I agree. But that's the point. 

It's interesting to see that Reggie and Gruden really truly are working together.  This doesn't scream power struggle to me. 

In the pc reg seems to try to distance himself from Kolton “let’s not talk about starting “ what #15 should be a starter imo reg and Gruden argued and Davis Jr  picked lol joking hopefully 

Edited by NCOUGHMAN

I woke up this morning with the feeling McGlinchey was the pick. Was so relieved when he got scooped up. Especially with Minkah on the board. Trade back, James still on the board. Then we end up with Kolton Miller, man, I've endured a lot as a Raider fan, as we all have, but that **** was hard.

Let's hope it works out! 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Geezy said:

I woke up this morning with the feeling McGlinchey was the pick. Was so relieved when he got scooped up. Especially with Minkah on the board. Trade back, James still on the board. Then we end up with Kolton Miller, man, I've endured a lot as a Raider fan, as we all have, but that **** was hard.

Let's hope it works out! 

I honestly felt similar to how I felt with the DHB pick. Clearly a reach with lots of talent on the board.

Disappointed with the pick and with what they got in return to trade down. You let someone trade up to draft their franchise QB and you get a 3rd. Oakland did the Cardinals a huge favor. 

Only positive I see is that Miller will be surrounded that elite level talent. Don't get why you invest in an OT when you've already spent so much money on it already. 

Just watched Reggie's" presser:

• Reggie saying we had lots of calls. Mentioned our picked seemed to be very desirable. I am surprised the compensation wasn't more then tbh.
  • Wanted McG or Miller.
  • Loves he is a large athlete who has played both  T positions. Mentioned potential.
  • Thought Miller was good on tape, not judging off combine.
  • Tom Cable had a big part in the drafting of Miller.
  • Think Bryant is a productive WR. "Ideal for what you look for in a WR". Big, fast playmaker. 
  • Been thinking of WR help for a while.
  • The trade down ensured we got Bryant.
  • Feel good about Miller's durability, despite being injured in back to back seasons.
  • Character issues not a major concern. Willing to give 2nd chances after doing research on Worley and Bryant.
  • Tough not to pull the trigger on James, Fitz and Edmunds. Had them all ranked closely to Miller.
  • Liked Millers tape, ie pass protection. Length, feet, pulling, talent. Cable is going to help him "flourish".
  • "We're trying to win". Want to get more dynamic. 
  • Miller can play either LT or RT. Don't want to pencil him in at either position just yet.
  • Like 2