Round 1, Pick 20: Frank Ragnow

Superduperman

1 minute ago, Louis Friend said:

Poor value, IMO. They could have traded back, gotten extra picks and still gotten him. 

No they wouldn't, Cincy was gonna pick him at the next pick. 

Like the pick, i have all the confidence for Patricia and Quinn.

2 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I don’t love the pick but it’s a huge need. Feels underwhelming but will trust the guys with the info. 

If they are moving Glasgow to center, Ragnow wasn't a need. I would have preferred a real guard, like Wynn or Hernandez. Instead, we are going to have him switch positions. What a waste. 

1 minute ago, GetDownandDirty said:

Patriots also had interest in him. He can play multiple positions on the line. He’s another piece to build our running game. Not disappointed at all. 

This. It’s not a sexy pick but he can play guard or center and has good potential 

39 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

If they are moving Glasgow to center, Ragnow wasn't a need. I would have preferred a real guard, like Wynn or Hernandez. Instead, we are going to have him switch positions. What a waste. 

My guess is Ragnow stays at C. Glasgow will stay at LG.  Ragnow has been great, the two highest rated seasons by a C in the PFF rating system by far for 16 and 17.  He has the history to be a great C. I don’t love it, don’t hate it, and will trust those who did their due diligence.  

Congratulations on the Ragnow pick, Lions fans.  Ragnow grew up about 20 minutes from where I live, so I was really wanting him for the Vikings.  Projected as a late first or early second round pick a few weeks ago, he has been moving up draft boards lately.  I think you will find that you got good value for your pick with him when you see him play.  He isn't flashy, but he is very solid - the kind of guy who you can put in your lineup and not have to worry about the position for years.  You made a good pick.

Sigh. I'm starting g to think Quinn is just a ***** when it comes to 1st round picks. He's so afraid to swing that bat of his in the war room. He is content going for singles or doubles. I think a trade down was possible (titans) and he still could have gotten him or an similar value player. This really limits our draft board for the next couple of rounds. Unless this guy is the next Travis Fredrick this was a mistake in my opinion. 

He didnt give up a sack in 4 years playing in the SEC.........and he had his best game against bama last year where he pancaked da'ron payne.

He moved into and up in the first round over the past couple weeks. No way was he gonna last till our next pick.

Archived