Titans trade up to 22, select LB Rashaan Evans

titans0021

1 minute ago, TitanLegend said:

Don't think that counts as a personal workout, as Vrabel did drills with everyone at like every pro day. A workout is a team inviting a player to work out, I believe. But that might be wrong.

Well he did sit down with him at some point. I guess they got all the info they needed then. 

Just now, KingTitan said:

Have a co-worker who is a big Bama fan and apparently knows Evans' family or Evans one...he told me this story!

He told me that Evans grew on a farm or something like that and he used to chase horses and all these "Rocky IV" type workouts on the farm

Country strong? lol

You can just watch his Bama tape and see speed isn't even remotely an issue.

Coverage is the potential issue with Evans.

Definitely can’t hate this pick. Didn’t like having to move up per say, but a versatile 3 down backer was a huge need for us and we got it. Plus there’s no better guy to coach Evans up on his instinctual issues at ILB than Vrabel. I think we were really the perfect landing spot for him in terms of his development.

1 minute ago, TwoToneBlue said:

JRob at work. Doesn't hurt that they are in the same division (lol), but still a good sign that he is plugged into what is happening.

I’m shocked we didn’t have to give up more if that’s the case. If we were bidding against someone else and only swapped out a 4th for a 6th?  Great deal. 

I dont understand how we know that the Steelers are trying to trade up. Unless bal alerted us to it because they didn’t want Evans as a steeler?

12 minutes ago, titanrick said:

I’m shocked we didn’t have to give up more if that’s the case. If we were bidding against someone else and only swapped out a 4th for a 6th?  Great deal. 

I dont understand how we know that the Steelers are trying to trade up. Unless bal alerted us to it because they didn’t want Evans as a steeler?

Not sure how, but apparently we did know. May not have known it was specifically the Steelers.

Archived