Raiders trade for Martavius Bryant

NickButera

Bryant is a pro bowl talent and has been exactly what this O has been lacking.  He helps out Carr and Cooper tremendously.  Cooper will finally be used properly and will have his best year yet.  Bravo to Gruden landing a 26 year old WR with elite potential.  

No one is arguing him as a player. That is worth a 3rd by itself. What we are saying is he is not worth that high of a draft pick, given his immense drug history (one suspension away from a Josh Gordon situation), his lack of work ethic, and the fact he is up for a contract right away. 

Again I would do this for a 5th, but a 3rd in this deep draft!? Hellllll no.

Very disappointing.

9 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

No one is arguing him as a player. That is worth a 3rd by itself. What we are saying is he is not worth that high of a draft pick, given his immense drug history (one suspension away from a Josh Gordon situation), his lack of work ethic, and the fact he is up for a contract right away. 

Again I would do this for a 5th, but a 3rd in this deep draft!? Hellllll no.

Very disappointing.

Reggie feels like we drafted him apparently

We all had reservations on Seth Roberts as the slot receiver, so we should be happy they went and addressed it with a proven NFL talent right? As always, everyone is over valuing draft picks compared to established NFL players.

Hopefully they had a contract conversation with em already and hopefully he keeps his head on straight. Hard for me to hate on this gamble because the potential of this offense just went up quite a bit higher.

Pick a project in round 1, then spend a 3 on WR that is up at the end of the year. Man, we are all over the place. Are we rebuilding or are we in win now mode?

Bryant can play, but he is a joint away from Josh Gordon and he will be a pain to re-sign. 

Bright side, if he balls out he makes our offense much more explosive, and if we cant re-sign him we will receive a comp.

Archived