Raiders trade for Martavius Bryant

NickButera

I said it like a month ago i wanted to trade for Bryant.So we used the same pick Az gave us .Well the way i see it we was gonna pick Choke Miller anyway at ten and got a ok wr that have the potential to be real good by moving down.I wonder if we can trade Drop Roberts i don't see no team doing that .Idk i really like Bryant but those strikes he have and he gonna be do a contract really make the trade sucks 

14 minutes ago, RaisinBran said:

Carr will have plenty of weapons now. Hopefully our OL is solid with Miller.

I was thinking the same he should have no excuse this year coop ,nelson ,cook ,lynch and add in Bryant that looks pretty good if everybody can stay healthy and do there job 

For all the people crying about he's a headcase and a 3rd was too much.

Remember last season when Johnny Holton made us all hold our breath on rare occasion and on rarer occasion go nuts when hed catch a monster deep ball?

Now you will be seeing that weekly. Bryant's explosion does alot...

1. He's a physical freak who'll command attention away from Coop.

2. He's one of the best deep ball guys in the game and will open up the passing game vertically and take safeties out of the middle of the field.

3. He's best working as an outside receiver which means Coop and Nelson will get more slot oppurtunities.

We have a legit #1, a savvy vet possession guy who can play inside and out, and a freak athlete who can blow the top off a defense and be a redzone threat. Add Cook at TE and Richard out of the backfield and our offense is much more talented and explosive. And i forgot one more thing...

4. Seth Roberts will become the 5th or 6th option and that should make everyone happy.

I don't understand why they'd trade for a guy they'll have to re-sign in a year. I thought the goal was to add cheap starters to complement the big money players on the roster. If Bryant has a good season, he'll be looking for a contract we can't afford. Can't see their logic.

3 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

I don't understand why they'd trade for a guy they'll have to re-sign in a year. I thought the goal was to add cheap starters to complement the big money players on the roster. If Bryant has a good season, he'll be looking for a contract we can't afford. Can't see their logic.

I suppose it could be viewed as insurance for Nelson? I view it as Gruden wanting to win now so his first season will be viewed as a success, rather than building for the future. That's what this whole off season looks like now.

Awful, awful trade that wreaks of Gruden.  Sure I think Bryant will be a really good addition to the offense this year but he has 1 year left on his deal so we're essentially trading a cost controlled 3rd round pick for 4 years for a 1 year rental.  Even if we want to resign Martavis, if he performs well this year he'll command a decent contract and then we would be making the ill-advised decision to pay a WR2 with a history of substance abuse + personality issues when we're already up against the cap with contracts to Carr, Mack, and hopefully Amari.  Atrocious trade.

2 hours ago, oakdb36 said:

Can't be forced to pay him.a big contract if he gets suspended for drugs again

1nio32.jpg?a423504

I haven't commented on this move yet, but Bryant is a very good pickup -- especially if they can extend him before next offseason (he's be smart to wait). Receiver was a major weakness for the team last year, and I think he could easily contribute to two wins had he been in the place of Johnny Holton in 2017.

I know it’s hard for some people on here to believe, but the people working for the Raiders are just as smart, or maybe (possibly) smarter than everyone on this board.. Can you honestly believe that they didn’t think about the contract before the trade? If it was the first question you asked you can bet they asked it too. I’d be willing to bet they have a contract worked out before Bryant even hits the practice field.

Bottom line is, the chance that the Raiders could have drafted a player (at 79) that had as much impact as Bryant will is low. Only something like 25% of WRs drafted in the third even become starters and 40% of all players drafted in the third are off of the team by year 4. I know it’s easy to get carried away with the mystique of the NFL draft, but really, take a look at it in a realistic statistical point of view, and this trade is a no brainer.

Archived