Raiders trade for Martavius Bryant

NickButera

44 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

He'll be one hell of an addition...

... until he gets suspended. ;)

Bryant runs right by leon Hall for a 94 yard td reception, WOW, glad Leon Hall is not on the Rayduhs.....................DOH!

I think we got good value here. Essentially we got a talented player in return for moving a few spots down in the 1st Round (plus we got a 5th). He's a proven talent, and if his head is screwed on, this is a potentially excellent deal. If not... meh, we lost a few positions on the draft board.

39 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

I think we got good value here. Essentially we got a talented player in return for moving a few spots down in the 1st Round (plus we got a 5th). He's a proven talent, and if his head is screwed on, this is a potentially excellent deal. If not... meh, we lost a few positions on the draft board.

just wish it was a day 3 pick since character risk.. no doubt his talent

2 hours ago, SimonGruber said:

While you guys have hell of a rotation at Edge rusher

:( Don't remind me. Man alive I'm going to hate watching us play denver twice a year with those guys. 

Before, it was all fun and games to pick on the Browns. But now..... now I have a reason to hate them. 

I am so jacked to add Bryant to this team.  He is exactly what we have been lacking at the WR position and one of the two young players I have been lobbing to get on the cheap for years.  It was either M. Bryant (26) or Josh Gordon (27) who I have been saying we need to target to put the remainder of our WR's in the proper position.  Bryant as the X, Nelson as the Z and Cooper in the slot.  That is a nasty combination and will help take Carr's and Cooper's game to the next level.  

Anyone who is questioning trading a 3rd for Bryant clearly has not watched him play or doesn't know what an elite WR looks like.  I am sure most of the homers on here have been labeling Cooper as an eilte X since he was drafted 4th overall but clearly those people only drink the media kool aid and lack the ability to think for themselves.

Bryant can do it all.  He's fast, elusive, can fight and win contested balls, tremendous jump ball skills, has very good hands, explosive with the ball in his hands and most importantly has a gigantic catch radius which will be huge in the red zone.  

Does the trade come with risk sure, he has a checkered past but if Bryant was coming out in this years draft and had no character concerns he would have been a slam dunk top 10 pick.  I can go on and on about how great of a move this is and how ecstatic I am that Gruden see's exactly what I have been saying since we drafted Cooper, we need an elite X to allow Cooper to shine.  Mark my words Cooper has his best season to date, will play a role that he will flourish in and anyone who understands football will see that the addition of Bryant will be the greatest thing to happen to Coopers career. 

Let's not forget if Bryant keeps his head on straight and puts in time to study and works hard he will be great.  If he can do those things we will look back in three years and will have robbed the Steelers for one of the top 10 WR's in the game today.  

• 1 month later...

Archived