Baker Mayfield, should he start?

LETSGOBROWNIES

The kid is 23 years old and checks the Bill Parcells QB school of thought model in every way. He's allegedly a "playbook savant" and "the most pro ready" QB this year. If he's not starting halfway through the season, I'll be disappointed. He's the oldest rookie drafted with the #1 pick since Eli Manning. No excuses. It's put up time earlier rather than later.

16 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

The kid is 23 years old and checks the Bill Parcells QB school of thought model in every way. He's allegedly a "playbook savant" and "the most pro ready" QB this year. If he's not starting halfway through the season, I'll be disappointed. He's the oldest rookie drafted with the #1 pick since Eli Manning. No excuses. It's put up time earlier rather than later.

All I heard throughout the process is that he is far more developed than Sam. The perfect qb prospect really, except for a few inches.

Well, he’s here now. Prove it.

1 minute ago, Aztec Hammer said:

All I heard throughout the process is that he is far more developed than Sam. The perfect qb prospect really, except for a few inches.

YEP.

I'm still out of likes. Sorry.

He's 23 and more pro ready/more developed/smarter with a playbook than every other QB prospect. It's put up time as long as our OL is legit and we have a few weapons for him (Gordon is clean and Landry is healthy).

7 hours ago, dawgdish said:

This. Give him a little time to learn from the bench and get used to NFL style offense, then get him in once we are out of contention (which will probably be around week 8)

Come on.....it is day 2 of the draft.  We're already out of contention.  :)

15 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Well if you ask him I Bet you he’d say he wants to start but it’s not exactly up to him

1 hour ago, mistakey said:

Well if you ask him I Bet you he’d say he wants to start but it’s not exactly up to him

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Sal Pal this morning (Golic and Wingo) said that he fully expects Baker Mayfield to start from Day 1. He said he was "extremely confident".

Take that for what it's worth.

I sure he wants to, but Hue and Dorsey seemed pretty confident that Tyrod was going to start.

Possibly week 12 after the bye?  Oooh that’s here in Cincy..

19 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Sal Pal this morning (Golic and Wingo) said that he fully expects Baker Mayfield to start from Day 1. He said he was "extremely confident".

Take that for what it's worth.

I’ll be shocked. Those dudes are outsiders speculating, and there’s a definite plan in place for Tyrod. Not saying it isn’t possible or wouldn’t make sense. He’d have to have a heck of a camp though. 

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

If a 4th round pick can do it...

Yeah. I don’t see Mayfield as an underdog now like Wilson was. He’s been picked #1 overall ahead of other legitimate prospects.

He’s played 47 college games. I would be disappointed if he isn’t starting early, if not week 1.

7 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Yeah. I don’t see Mayfield as an underdog now like Wilson was. He’s been picked #1 overall ahead of other legitimate prospects.

He’s played 47 college games. I would be disappointed if he isn’t starting early, if not week 1.

Week 12 here in Cincy is my arbitrary point he should be starting.

I’m a believer in sitting, but 2/3 of a year should be plenty for a prospect with his age and experience imo.

Archived