SemperFeist

Vikings select...Mike Hughes, CB, UCF

Just now, PrplChilPill said:

Sigh. Another project DB? 

Not a project at all

i remember like a month ago debating with some people about us taking a corner round one... 

there's still starter-quality iOL players left, may as well get a better player at a more premium position.

Had hopes we were going to try and protect a QB. Instead, pay another guy to get killed back there. No offensive line upgrades in free agency before the draft and no upgrade yet in the draft. 

I like it. I had a feeling we would go corners. Beginning a few days ago I called it and then the next day Rick confirmed it in his press conference we could go elsewhere.

Hughes is talented. Will be interesting. Not mad, not thrilled, but I support it.

Just now, whitehops said:

i remember like a month ago debating with some people about us taking a corner round one... 

there's still starter-quality iOL players left, may as well get a better player at a more premium position.

That's what we say every year, and why they need to sign FA OL......

2 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

Sigh. Another project DB? 

Not a project at all. If he never had his off the field stuff and stayed at NC he could have been up there with Ward.

Posted (edited)

I don't hate the pick.  Just did not think he was better than other options.  I am sure Spielman will talk up his return ability.

Edited by Freakout