Vikings select...Mike Hughes, CB, UCF

SemperFeist

23 minutes ago, NoDakViking said:

I wonder if they decline Wayne's option now

Can't see them doing that. Maybe they trade him. I thought Waynes was doing a good job this year. Now the team will either be playing him as their third CB or they just used their first pick on a guy that will be their third CB. 

Just now, vikingsrule said:

Is Hernandez even a fit? 

Given how much the nickel CB plays, he could be the third CB as a rookie.

Im glad the Vikes are looking at future needs on the defense rather than reaching for a need now (OL). 

So, when is Zimmer (the DB guru), going to start developing defensive backs that aren’t top 50 picks? 

When is this team going to actually starting putting a focus on improving the weak areas of the team, instead of bolstering the strong units?

3 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Is Hernandez even a fit? 

Given how much the nickel CB plays, he could be the third CB as a rookie.

Im glad the Vikes are looking at future needs on the defense rather than reaching for a need now (OL). 

Hernandez would not have been a reach. 

Just now, SemperFeist said:

So, when is Zimmer (the DB guru), going to start developing defensive backs that aren’t top 50 picks? 

When is this team going to actually starting putting a focus on improving the weak areas of the team, instead of bolstering the strong units?

Seems like we're back at the BPA vs need argument when most argue to go BPA. I'm curious to see how the board looks but this might be a case of BPA over need. What OL is a clearly better pick? There was a run on interior OL.

1 minute ago, vike daddy said:

we have to look at how out whole draft shakes out, not just the first player taken. if we get quality OL too, then it's all a win.

That's what has been said since I joined this site, that you can find late round OL. How has that worked?

Archived