Vikings select...Mike Hughes, CB, UCF

SemperFeist

11 minutes ago, joru1000 said:

Waynes sucks as a high first rounder. Lets be honest. And Treadwell was another pick I disliked then and dislike ever more now.

And I don't like this pick either. We needed o-line help and lots of talent was there and we drafted yet another DB, and one with off the field issues.

Our first rounders have sucked these past few years.

Bingo, a lot of talent left? Makes sense to wait. 

5 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

1. Starts Nickle + Return Man

2. Starts Nickle + Return Man

3+ Starts outside 

typical corners take 2-3 years to develop in Zimmers defense. We have seen in. We’ve experienced it. 

We most likely will be losing Wayne’s after his 5th year option. Maybe after this we don’t even agree to one with him and that was a smoke screen to be able to draft this bad cat. 

Hughes is good. It isn’t a lineman. But I’ll take Hughes + 2nd round Guard over Hernandez + 2nd round CB of the future 

That's an interesting take Goph.  You are one of our resident draft experts, so that makes me feel good about the pick.  I just hope we can get someone good on the line for 2018.

I agree that I’d take CB + iOL over iOL + CB (in their respective rounds). You simply can’t count on non-1st round cornerbacks in the NFL. 

but boy, I realllllllly hope James Daniels makes it all the way to us. He’s such a great fit for our scheme and such a good player.

14 minutes ago, Cearbhall said:

Can't see them doing that. Maybe they trade him. I thought Waynes was doing a good job this year. Now the team will either be playing him as their third QB or they just used their first pick on a guy that will be their third CB

Given that it’s a starting position these days....

I sure hope the Vikings didn't spend a first round pick on a return man...again.

I could care less if the guy can return kicks. That is too much risk for a star defensive starter. And if they don't think he'll be a star on their defense it is even worse that they used the pick on him.

If he was the best guy on the board I understand why they would take him. I am just so sick of Rick Spielman's negligence in building a decent offensive line.

2 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

That's an interesting take Goph.  You are one of our resident draft experts, so that makes me feel good about the pick.  I just hope we can get someone good on the line for 2018.

In reality. We got a more of the Marcus Peters type instead of the fast guy that can keep up with everyone. 

Hughes tackles, makes plays on the ball, and can play man to man. Not a lot of the available guys left are man type CB’s. 

We could have went Hernandez but he never has had experience is space, which he would be asked to do. 

We don’t know Williams medicals.

Daniels very well could be viewed as strictly as a guard. 

The talent is deeper at the guard position than CB. 

Archived