Vikings select...Mike Hughes, CB, UCF

SemperFeist

Wanted iOL... but I guess I can admit that’s a position best picked (value wise) on day two.

if you want a starting CB, you basically HAVE to spend a 1st on one.

That said, I don’t know anything about Mike Hughes. He was so far off my (inadequate) radar that I never bothered to do my homework on him.

Don't hate the pick off field issues caused him to drop.  With Rogers and Stafford in the division you must always draft against your division...Waynes might be done and who knows about mackensie.  OL wise I'm  Not super worried so far as I like Isiodora and Compton or even (Remers at RG if we draft a RT)   Feel Bad for Cleveland by the way...Reach at 1 and another Reach at 4....?  Dang Packers got a 1st next year for nothing.

4 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

If he doesn’t take a starting job as a rookie it’s a stupid decision. 

I know everyone has their idea of what is the best and it can get emotional but you know the draft is about the long term future of the team not a next year thing.

Just now, Nozizaki said:

No rookie was going to contribute in Zimmer's defense this season.

And when you have a gaping hole on your offensive line, it just doesn’t come across as a smart decision to pass on legit starting caliber players for a guy who isn’t going to start.

1 minute ago, Cearbhall said:

Don't hate Hughes as a player at all but really dislike the pick. I fell in love with Hernandez and heard others that studied Williams talk him up a lot. Both were there. We picked a player at a position that will be hard for him to crack the top two.

Is Hernandez even a fit? 

Given how much the nickel CB plays, he could be the third CB as a rookie.

Im glad the Vikes are looking at future needs on the defense rather than reaching for a need now (OL). 

Just now, SemperFeist said:

And when you have a gaping hole on your offensive line, it just doesn’t come across as a smart decision to pass on legit starting caliber players for a guy who isn’t going to start.

Especially when you are a super bowl contender

3 minutes ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

It's hard to doubt the Vikings picking defensive players....

Remember when we were bummed we took Waynes? Now he's a solid #2 CB.

If Spielman and ZImmer are taking this guy, they must see something in him.

Waynes sucks as a high first rounder. Lets be honest. And Treadwell was another pick I disliked then and dislike ever more now.

And I don't like this pick either. We needed o-line help and lots of talent was there and we drafted yet another DB, and one with off the field issues.

Our first rounders have sucked these past few years.

1 minute ago, vikingsrule said:

Is Hernandez even a fit? 

Given how much the nickel CB plays, he could be the third CB as a rookie.

Im glad the Vikes are looking at future needs on the defense rather than reaching for a need now (OL). 

How is it a reach to take a starter?

Archived