Patriots 1(31): Sony Michel, RB, Georgia

dhunt2402

Absolutely Hate the Pats, but I think Michel is going to be the rookie of the year.   I have to think the Browns thought they could pass up on Barkley and get Michel at 33.    Great receiving rb that uses his hands, and has his hands in the right position.   Don't see that much in a guy his size, and with his rushing ability. I wouldn't be surprised if he approaches both 1000 yards rushing and receiving.

14 minutes ago, SweetFancyMoses said:

Absolutely Hate the Pats, but I think Michel is going to be the rookie of the year.   I have to think the Browns thought they could pass up on Barkley and get Michel at 33.    Great receiving rb that uses his hands, and has his hands in the right position.   Don't see that much in a guy his size, and with his rushing ability. I wouldn't be surprised if he approaches both 1000 yards rushing and receiving.

It also makes for a smooth transition because I think this year will be the last elite Brady year and will make it easier for the next QB when you have an elite RB to support him. Very good pick. The next RB class will be much weaker from what I read so who knows when we would have had another chance to grab such a talent.

3 hours ago, SweetFancyMoses said:

If it makes you feel any better, the Pats’ backfield will likely share the load - so Michel’s impact will probably be mitigated compared to most other backfields.

Not impossible that he ends up with the lion’s share due to injury or performance, just not overly likely given the way NE uses their backs lately.

Generally the Pats do split up the carries but as the season goes along I expect Michel to get most of the carries. Simply put Michel is way more talented than any other back we currently have and the only thing they have over him is familiarity with the system and playbook. I actually expect burkhead to be the starter week one but that should change fairly quick.

Archived