Winners & Losers from Day One

RaidersAreOne

Loser nomination: Oakland Raiders

• Trade down? Great! The compensation? Pretty weak.
  • Pick #15? Nice! Miller? Oh hell no.
  • Acquire a 3rd from the trade down? Woo! Trade it for an inconsistent WR one blunt away from Josh Gordon? STOP IT.

VERY underwhelming to start the Gruden era.

Winners:

GB: I thought GB getting a first next year while still landing Jaire Alexander are winners. 

Chargers: Getting Derwin James. Jeez. Got to say they are winners as well. 

Losers: I don't really see a team that botched the draft.

Steelers: Maybe Terrell Edmunds was a reach. So, maybe the Steelers.

Saints: The Saints trading a 1st to move up for Davenport seems off to me. 

Miami: missing out on Rosen would have left a pit in my stomach if I were a Dolphins fan. 

Yeah, I like what the Bucs did. I thought they were going to go with James or Fitzpatrick at their original pick, which would have been pretty good, but adding Vea to go with JPP, Curry and McCoy while adding a couple of second round picks is really nice on their part.

12 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

Winners:

GB: I thought GB getting a first next year while still landing Jaire Alexander are winners. 

Chargers: Getting Derwin James. Jeez. Got to say they are winners as well. 

Losers: I don't really see a team that botched the draft.

Steelers: Maybe Terrell Edmunds was a reach. So, maybe the Steelers.

Saints: The Saints trading a 1st to move up for Davenport seems off to me. 

Miami: missing out on Rosen would have left a pit in my stomach if I were a Dolphins fan. 

I'd rather have a stud defensive player than a QB. The Dolphins never wanted a QB. It was a smokescreen. Fitzpatrick fits perfectly next to Jones. We can finally guard TEs. Fitz is a complete stud. 

Tampa did great IMO, getting the seconds and still picking up Vea is solid

GB getting a first next year and a top prospect at biggest position of need is a great start

Chargers really kicking out with Derwin falling

AZ landing Rosen so late 

Losers

Saints IMO gave up a lot for such a raw prospect.  I get wanting to go all in during Brees last years, but still think it was too heavy of a price

Stealers really reaches IMO

2 minutes ago, Lilseb93 said:

I'd rather have a stud defensive player than a QB. The Dolphins never wanted a QB. It was a smokescreen. Fitzpatrick fits perfectly next to Jones. We can finally guard TEs. Fitz is a complete stud. 

Tannehill isn't going to lead  you to the playoffs...

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Tannehill isn't going to lead  you to the playoffs...

What's the point of having a rookie QB with durability issues if the rest of the team has holes everywhere? And he did in 2016 before he got hurt. Maybe they should put a competent offensive line and good defense around him. Looks like we're doing that now. Tannehill isn't great, but he's not trash like people make him out to be. 

Bills are the losers.

I like the Edmunds pick, but I don't like that they traded out of last years pick in order to gain capital while both Watson and Mahomes were still available and then essentially use that on Josh Allen. 

2 minutes ago, Lilseb93 said:

A rookie QB with durability issues isn't going to either. And he did in 2016 before he got hurt. Maybe they should put a competent offensive line and good defense around him. Looks like we're doing that now. Tannehill isn't great, but he's not trash like people make him out to be. 

At least I'm optimistic about Rosen.  We know what Tannehill is.  An average starting QB.  He's not good by any means.

"Winners" in these threads normally just means teamss who stopped a prospective high pick's fall. In this case, it is the Chargers and the Patriots. Wynn and James were the best value picks of the 1st round. Green Bay got good value in a trade back as well. 

I'm gonna say the "losers" are the teams who took a player way higher than he should have gone, relative to where about I had them ranked. Kolton Miller is bad and went at 15, Penny was a late 2nd rounder who went end of round 1, and Edmunds was a 3rd rounder who went a pick later than Penny. So, the Raiders are losers because Miller is garbage and the Steelers and Seahawks lose because the value was bad. Another loser is the Bills, who traded up twice, eliminating all the valuable draft assets they had stocked up, for 2 of the most boom or bust prospects in the draft, including Josh Allen. 

3 minutes ago, Lilseb93 said:

What's the point of having a rookie QB with durability issues if the rest of the team has holes everywhere? And he did in 2016 before he got hurt. Maybe they should put a competent offensive line and good defense around him. Looks like we're doing that now. Tannehill isn't great, but he's not trash like people make him out to be. 

Tannehill is very replaceable. 

Archived