Winners & Losers from Day One

RaidersAreOne

I’ll nominate the Seahawks for the Loser section.

RB was a need but not one as pressing as OG...

- Connor Williams 

- Will Hernandez

- James Daniels

CB/S was equally pressing..

- Josh Jackson 

- Isaiah Oliver

- Mike Hughes

- Carlton Davis

- Justin Reid

Instead, we take an RB that I’ve heard compared to Beanie Wells.

My favorite pick of the day was Smith to the Bears. Chacago just needs great LB’s, it’s who they are. The NFL is better when Chicago has a monster in the midway. D!ck Butkus, Mike Singletary, Brian Urlacher, Lance Briggs...

I’m just happy for them.

Losers? New Orleans and especially Seattle. Perhaps Buffalo, but at least they gave themselves hope at QB....

Just now, CWood21 said:

At least I'm optimistic about Rosen.  We know what Tannehill is.  An average starting QB.  He's not good by any means.

Miami can't cover TEs to save their lives. They get destroyed in the middle of the field constantly. They desperately needed a stud in the middle to compliment Jones at safety. They no longer need to rely on Alonso to cover RB and TEs. He can't cover a broom. But he's a good pass rusher and run stopper and he can fit that role a lot more now. McDonald will be a safety/LB hybrid. They still need another LB in this draft. McMillan will also be coming back from injury. 

Again, what's the point of having an elite QB if the rest of the team is a mess? I'm not the biggest supporter of Tanny, but the dude has had several different coaches, the worst O-line in football, and a lack of weapons. The defense has been a mess. I'd rather have a more complete team. 

Tanny had the best year of his career in 2016 before he got hurt. They are still going QB, but it was never in the plans that high this year. We desperately need another LB and a TE. We need another DT. 

3 minutes ago, One Punch Man said:

I’ll nominate the Seahawks for the Loser section.

RB was a need but not one as pressing as OG...

- Connor Williams 

- Will Hernandez

- James Daniels

CB/S was equally pressing..

- Josh Jackson 

- Isaiah Oliver

- Mike Hughes

- Carlton Davis

- Justin Reid

Instead, we take an RB that I’ve heard compared to Beanie Wells.

Well you feel like us Raider fans then.  Edmunds and James just sitting there and nope, Kolton Miller it is.  I hope Andre the Giant can play because he has a lot of fans that will be watching him closely.

I love the Derwin James pick but I’m starting to get concerned that basically everyone loves it. Idk it just seems too good for me right now. 

Aside from that I love most of the trade downs but Tampa getting the 2 2nds and still gets Vea is a win. 

Saints trading up is a loss. Those are my big two aside from the Chargers. 

7 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Tannehill is very replaceable. 

Rosen is my favorite QB in the draft, but we have far bigger needs. It probably would have been a big mistake to pass on an elite talent like Edmonds, James, or Fitz. Our defense desperately needed a player like Fitz. 

1 minute ago, daineraider said:

Well you feel like us Raider fans then.  Edmunds and James just sitting there and nope, Kolton Miller it is.  I hope Andre the Giant can play because he has a lot of fans that will be watching him closely.

Haha yeah not going to lie.. thought Edmunds was the pick. Learning from Mack and Bowman and Irvin holy cow.

Kolton Miller could at least develop into the best T in this class. An arguably better RB went after Penny (Michel). A few others (Guice, Chubb) are going to go after.

Winners:

Jets - They traded up and landed the best QB in the draft.

Broncos - Chubb fell to them and now him paired with Miller is scary.

Cardinals - To trade next to nothing to get Rosen who I think is the 2nd best QB in the draft is genius. Now the Cardinals have their franchise QB to match the Rams with Goff, Seahawks with Wilson, and Niners with Jimmy G. NFCW is getting very very interesting.

Falcons - Ridley fell to them and they are pairing him up with Julio and adding him to all that talent on offense to go with a young talented defense. The Falcons are my 2018 pick to win the NFCS.

Losers:

Saints - No way you trade a future 1st round pick for a non-quarterback unless he is a franchise changing player. Davenport ceiling is high but he still is raw. He hasn’t even played high level competition. I like Landry better and I thought if the Saints traded up they would get Lamar Jackson because Brees is 39yrs old.

Raiders - They took less in their trade with the Cardinals than the Bucs did with the Bills in their trade. All the Raiders can show for it is Miller who has potential but needs good coaching to reach that potential.

Seahawks - I think there were better backs in the draft the Seahawks could’ve gotten over Penny. Better yet they could’ve taken Penny in the 2nd round. They could’ve addressed OL, DL, CB in the 1st round.

Browns - They better hope they got it right. Passing on Darnold for Mayfield and passing on Chubb for Ward. We could look back years from now and say the Browns adds to the trend of teams with multiple top 5 picks don’t get it right.

Patriots - They needed an OT and maybe they feel Wynn can play tackle. I see him as a OG/OC. I like Wynn but I hope the Patriots don’t do to Wynn like the Seahawks did to Pocic last season because it was an epic fail. Also taking Michel was odd just because the Patriots have White, Gillislee, Burkhead, and Hill so why use a high pick on another back. They passed on Lamar Jackson who they were high on and they still  don’t have a future replacement for Brady. They could’ve used a pass rusher like Landry or even a cornerback like Josh Jackson. So Michel was a head scratcher.

I don't get the Saints trading up for Davenport and the Raiders pick completely baffles me with the talent available. I'm not a big fan of Josh Allen but I get trading up for a QB. I love Edmonds, but I don't like trading up for him. Buffalo shouldn't be throwing away all their picks. I don't get Baltimore drafting a TE over a WR. 

The Browns were going to win either way. They got their QB. I don't agree with picking Ward over Chubb or Nelson though. Ward is still great either way. I love the Smith pick for Chicago. I love the James pick for the Chargers. Great value there. The Jets got their QB. Hopefully he's a turnover machine for them lol. 

Biggest winners: 

Arizona - Everyone pegged them as being the team whod end up missing out on a top QB. And they only have to trade up 5 spots to get Rosen who IMO is the 2nd best QB prospect in this class behind Jackson. However, I also think Rosen is a better pick for them than Jackson.

Baltimore: Didnt give up THAT much and it will look like even less in 5 years when Jackson is tearing up the league. 

San Diego: My sleeper SB team for 2018 and then they went and had a top 5 prospect just fall in their laps at 17. I still dont know why in the hell James wasnt taken higher. Hes an absolute stud and for me, as close to a cant-miss prospect as there is in this class along with Nelson. They have the makings of a SB caliber defense now.

Losers:

Cleveland: This is going to end up being worse than when Houston passed on Khalil Mack and Carr for Clowney and that bum UCLA guard. Because Clowney is a great player. 

Archived