Winners & Losers from Day One

RaidersAreOne

8 minutes ago, tab said:

i thought rosen was a steal at the time but then i listened to him talk again after the draft and i just wish he wouldnt talk at all

That's my biggest issue with him. I think he's the best QB in the draft, but every time I see him in an interview he rubs me the wrong away. I feel he's going to create tension with people around him. There's just something about the way he speaks and what he says that feels obnoxious. 

7 minutes ago, Danger said:

In every world. Gesicki is overrated.

Sincerely an avid Penn State fan and Alumni.

He is overrated depending on who you talk to.   I still think he has alot of talent to work with.

Dont know enough about Hayden Hurst to compare them.

I love what both Indianapolis and Atlanta did. Could've used defenders, but at the end of the day went BPA and took players that positively impact the QB. Ridley's athletic testing was a little concerning, but I trust the tape. He's going to be excellent paired with Julio. 

I think NE's O is a big winner by getting Wynn and Michel.  That will help Brady a ton.  NE"s D is a loser by not getting a difference maker, though.  And I'd say even though I like both picks, an indirect winner is the rest of the AFC - in that Lamar Jackson didn't get to join BB.    That would have terrified me.

Selfishly, I'll say that DEN avoiding Josh Allen was a huge W for us.   And by not trading up, we are set at 2.40 to get a really good need player who happens to fit BPA - if Elway doesn't reach for one of his mancrushes way too soon.  Fingers crossed.

For the AFCW, while I would have considered LVE heavily for LAC, too much value to get a falling Derwin James.  Telesco does it again.   OAK trading back was a great idea - but Kolton Miller?   Man, 1 step forward, 2 steps back.   Defense, man, defense.   With KC having no picks, once again, the Chargers are separating themselves even more in our division.   At least we didn't screw up our 1.5 pick (although I would have gone Rosen as I'm a believer, Chubb was fine with me, especially given the reports we would have traded down to target a WR in late Rd 1 with the 2nd pick - a big no thanks there).

Outside the AFCW & NE - I will say while I thought Penny & Michel could have been argued as the RB2 & RB3 from a fantasy perspective - they were huge reaches to go Rd1 overall talent-wise.   NE I can understand, since they took OL already (really curious they didn't go Landry or Lamar though).    SEA I have ZERO idea what they are thinking - OL man, OL.  Or D.   NOT RB.   Letting Alex Collins go has a huge ripple effect there, along with drafting Malik McDowell last year (and losing the 2nd for Sheldon Richardson - why they probably reached for Penny badly, didn't want to risk him not getting to Rd 3).

Packers moving back and getting Alexander was genius IMO.  Well done.   

Winners:

1. Browns: Proving all the nerds wrong, like myself. The men that eat footballs for breakfast knocked the draft from heaven out of the park.

2. Jets: They gotta feel pretty good about moving up now. I don't think they expected Darnold to fall to them.

3. Panthers: Everyone knows DJ Moore is my favorite. How good teams get better.

Losers:

1a. Bills: We know what they did.

1b. Seahawks: Bahahaha

2. Patriots: Bill Belichick is the goat. His early round picks always confuse me. Must be why they never choose in the first anymore. Usually makes up for it in the later rounds. Both picks just scream reaching for need.

3. Saints: Never a fan of giving up a future 1st, even if it's expected to be in the later portion of the draft.

10 minutes ago, Lilseb93 said:

That's my biggest issue with him. I think he's the best QB in the draft, but every time I see him in an interview he rubs me the wrong away. I feel he's going to create tension with people around him. There's just something about the way he speaks and what he says that feels obnoxious. 

Agree. But if he wins no one will care about what he says or how he says it. 

56 minutes ago, Nozizaki said:

Cardinals and Jets won

I fully agree, the Jets must be jumping for joy that they ended up with Darnold and while I have a lot of doubts about Rosen's ability to stay healthy, he is still an upgrade for Arizona in case Bradford gets injured once again.

7 minutes ago, chris00cm said:

Winners:

1. Browns: Proving all the nerds wrong, like myself. The men that eat footballs for breakfast knocked the draft from heaven out of the park.

2. Jets: They gotta feel pretty good about moving up now. I don't think they expected Darnold to fall to them.

3. Panthers: Everyone knows DJ Moore is my favorite. How good teams get better.

Losers:

1a. Bills: We know what they did.

1b. Seahawks: Bahahaha

2. Patriots: Bill Belichick is the goat. His early round picks always confuse me. Must be why they never choose in the first anymore. Usually makes up for it in the later rounds. Both picks just scream reaching for need.

3. Saints: Never a fan of giving up a future 1st, even if it's expected to be in the later portion of the draft.

I have to disagree, I believe they ended up with the 2nd best QB who is about 3 years older than Darnold and they chose to draft for need with the #4 pick over best player available in Chubb. I think the draft will prove to be a disaster for the browns and I love Mayfield's leadership qualities, toughness and competitiveness, I just do not believe he is as talented as Darnold.

I really like what the Jets ended up with along with the Bills and the Saints. The Bills got the guy they coveted who has the potential to be another Jim Kelly, a QB who is perfect for the weather conditions in Buffalo and the Saints have about a 2 year window to win another SB before Brees retires and they went for it in this draft!

Winners:

SD - James was my top defensive player in the draft. Do it all safety. Perfect fit in Bradleys system. Hes going to be an absolute animal in that Neal/Chancellor role. 

Bal - Lamar Jackson at 32 was a steal. My #4 QB. I would have had no issue taking him in the top 5 if I needed a QB. Franchise changing potenial. 

*** Would have been a loser if not for the Jackson pick. Hurst is not a 1st round talent. Him being 25 years old makes it that much worse.

Bucs - Trading down and picking up 2 2nds then getting Vea was awesome asset managment. Vea was my #1 DT. Ngata upside. 

Cards - Got mabey the most "forsure" QB in the draft imo. I had him ranked #3 and my comparison for him is Matt Ryan (Without the leadership skills). Great pick and moved up for cheap. 

Jets - Got the #1 QB in the draft at 3. Great value. 

Losers:

Giants - Taking a RB #2 overall when you have a 37 year old QB, bad oline and an overall average at best team? Just so stupid. You have some really good QB prospects avaliable or assuredly an option to trade down. One pick away from Guice as it sits. Darnold + Guice >>>>> Barkley + whoever. 

San Fran - Mike McGlinchy is not a top 10 pick. Low upside player who projects at best to be a slighty above average LT. Isaiah Wynn is a better tackle prospect. 

Raiders - Trade down for cheap and then take a 3rd round prospect in Kolten Miller with alot of defensive talent avalibale. No idea what they're thinking. 

27 minutes ago, Lilseb93 said:

yeah lol. The way he talks feels kinda... trump-ish? "Im gonna win so many superbowls. Like a dozen superbowls. I want to go out and win a superbowl right now." Its just something about the face he makes when he talks too lol like he really wants to say what people want to hear... People are like "he speaks his mind!!" but everything just sounds so manufactured lol

but i guess he can still play, so there's that. The cardinals could have gotten a lot worse.

Just now, tab said:

yeah lol. The way he talks feels kinda... trump-ish? "Im gonna win so many superbowls. Like a dozen superbowls. I want to go out and win a superbowl right now." Its just something about the face he makes when he talks too lol like he really wants to say what people want to hear... People are like "he speaks his mind!!" but everything just sounds so manufactured lol

but i guess he can still play, so there's that. The cardinals could have gotten a lot worse.

It does seem Trump-ish. His play will do the talking, but if he's going to be the leader of the locker room he needs to handle that better since that's also part of being a QB. He can't go into a locker room with grown men and vet football players like that. It could just end up being a non-issue, but I can see why some teams were a bit hesitant with him. 

7 minutes ago, jarren said:

San Fran - Mike McGlinchy is not a top 10 pick. Low upside player who projects at best to be a slighty above average LT. Isaiah Wynn is a better tackle prospect. 

Agree with this. I'm a niners fan and I had been adamantly speaking out against this pick for 3 days now. That being said, I thought that there were enough WTH picks after this one that I couldn't actually include them on a loser list of just the top 3 lol. So I guess that's a positive spin on this for me while I drink away the tears lol

Archived