.....with the 40th pick in then NFL Draft....the Denver Broncos select? Let’s set the board

BaldyBronco

I'm fully on board with Conor Williams, Hernandez, or maybe Daniels at 40. Issue with Daniels is that it's unclear what his guard prospects are. He would be a replacement for Paradis if drafted, IMO.

Otherwise, Guice, Goedert, RoJo, Anthony Miller, Chark, Chubb are all potential candidates (whether I like them or not).

CB is another very strong possibility- Isaiah Oliver, Josh Jackson, Carlton Davis, Donte Jackson- all guys we could take a look at.

3 minutes ago, germ-x said:

I agree with @Broncofan.  No need to move up from #40.  There will be a guy with pro bowl potential sitting there at that pick.  Let the board sort itself out and take the BPA.

Connor Williams is the guy who interests me most and would make a lot of sense if there at #40.  Great athlete, plays nasty, slots in nicely at Guard and gives Denver depth at OT (where he might actually be better than Bolles, the shorter than ideal arm length at the combine killed his draft stock).

4 guys really intrigue me:

Jackson from Iowa I think could be very good learning from CHJ

Hernandez & Williams both would be upgrades on the OL

Goedert would be the mismatch nightmare this offense needs.  (This is the pick I really want Denver to make, an exciting player on offense is the shot in the arm we need)

Edited by broncofan48

2 minutes ago, broncofan48 said:

Goedert would be the mismatch nightmare this offense needs.  (This is the pick I really want Denver to make, an exciting player on offense is the shot in the arm we need)

With you on Goedert. Jake Butt is a very good TE, and would have a strong role on this team. Goedert takes the options up a notch. When was the last time we had a TE mismatch? Thomas? It's time to go back to the well.

14 minutes ago, broncofan48 said:

11 minutes ago, broncos67 said:

With you on Goedert. Jake Butt is a very good TE, and would have a strong role on this team. Goedert takes the options up a notch. When was the last time we had a TE mismatch? Thomas? It's time to go back to the well.

18 minutes ago, germ-x said:

I agree with @Broncofan.  No need to move up from #40.  There will be a guy with pro bowl potential sitting there at that pick.  Let the board sort itself out and take the BPA.

Connor Williams is the guy who interests me most and would make a lot of sense if there at #40.  Great athlete, plays nasty, slots in nicely at Guard and gives Denver depth at OT (where he might actually be better than Bolles, the shorter than ideal arm length at the combine killed his draft stock).

Jackson has no business being in Rd2 IMO.  And I only see IND as a likely team to go CB.  They could go Oliver but either is great.  Williams and Hernandez would plug and play starters IMO (hindsight would say should have passed on Veldheer if we go there but didn’t see Willians being that far back oh well). 

Goedert is the special talent though.  I’d be fine with Williams or Hernandez or the 2 CB obv.  But Goedert would add lightning to our O.   Much better idea than WR.   And I’ll bang the table to wait until Rd3 for RB.   Esp since a TE is a 8-10-year diff maker.  

Edited by Broncofan

3 minutes ago, elliot878 said:

My Big Board for 40

1. James Daniels - C/G
  2. Harold Landry - EDGE
  3. Isaiah Oliver - CB
  4. Will Hernandez - G
  5. Josh Jackson - CB
  6. Harrison Phillips - DT
  7. Connor Williams - T/G
  8. Mason Rudolph - QB

I would love Mo Hurst at DT as well.  Killer D baby - so much good stuff out there though!

• Like 1

I don't think anyone will be sad about Shane Ray hitting the road. 

He was injured all year last season and never rebounded. Prior to that he was quite good. Had 8 sacks in 2016. I think we simply resign whoever is cheaper between he and Shaq. 

But, since were not going to make a true run this season it may be in the best long-term interest to deal one of the two today. Get the value now because we are not going to be resigning both. Maybe something like Shane Ray or Shaq Barrett for a low R3 pick.