.....with the 40th pick in then NFL Draft....the Denver Broncos select? Let’s set the board

BaldyBronco

1 hour ago, Broncofan said:

With IND and CLE getting 2 picks and IND taking Nelson only 1 pick goes to T.   IND needs a ton of D help.  

TAM & CHI are looking for G help more than T.   NYG could def go T but they might go G.  

All of which to say - I don’t think Williams makes it to 2.40 but def think 1 if not both of the Crosby / O’Neill (who I don’t like as much) T tier will be there.  

I really don’t think we need to move up.  2.40 gets us Goedert or a OL / CB we’d have been thrilled to have if we were picking 8-10 spots earlier.  

I agree. There will be a year 2 starter (if you consider NB a starter, which I do considering we are in nickle >60% of the time) at 40.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

I agree. There will be a year 2 starter (if you consider NB a starter, which I do considering we are in nickle >60% of the time) at 40.

Which honestly - we are 1 for 13 so far since 2011  on that count for Day 2 (2 for 14 if you count Wolfe.  I see him as our Rd1 trade back lol).    We should be 2 for 3 on this draft class at worst this year.  Rd 2-3 is deep this year.  

16 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Again though - what if there are 5 guys you like who’ve fallen that hard?  Then you wait.  Someone will likely be there.  

Well, that can't happen. You can only have one guy occupy any given spot on your draft board. it's mathematically impossible to have 5 guys drop the same.

4 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

Would people be upset with Malik Jefferson? He's much more athletic than Josey jewell

I really like Josey. Reminds me of Dan Connor. nothing special athletically, just a coach on the field who always seems to be in the right place. His floor is ST ace ala Keith Burns. Considering he could likely be there in the 5th? yeah I'd take a flier on him.

Jefferson is the opposite. Classic "looks like Tazan plays like Jane" he just always looks lost on the football field. He's the guy that always making the tackle 6-7 yards down the field. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

Well, that can't happen. You can only have one guy occupy any given spot on your draft board. it's mathematically impossible to have 5 guys drop the same.

In a tier you absolutely can.  Numerical rank is meaningless if they all belong in the same tier and the gap is so small between them.  

That’s my point - 5-6 guys in the top 20-30 tier who are very similar are still there.   The chances 1-2 are there at 2.40 are pretty much a lock.   Elway just can’t reach for a specific skill position then we should be good.  

Edited by Broncofan

15 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

What mlbs can cover? Dont we need that or know ? Who are you sold on at that position?

Fred Warner, Griffen, Darius Leonard & Jefferson.   Burks from Vandy Rd 4-5.  At least 2 will make it to 3.99 IMO with Jewell.   Why we should absolutely wait. 

I prefer Jewell to Jefferson because his instincts are so natural.   And he won’t likely get overdrafted because his athletic profile doesn’t wow scouts.   Leonard, Warner, Griffen and Jefferson provide depth to wait either way though.    

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

Absent a trade down, we have a 2nd, two 3rd, two 4ths and two 5ths left. That's seven more picks, all in the top 160, five in the top 113. In other words, we're in very, very good shape. 

What positions do we need help? I would say RB, WR, OG, OT, ILB, CB and QB. Am I missing any? We should be able to get a nice infusion of talent today, Elway just needs to go BPA with those positions in mind, not reach for a specific position with each pick. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

In a tier you absolutely can.  Numerical rank is meaningless if they all belong in the same tier and the gap is so small between them.  

That’s my point - 5-6 guys in the top 20-30 tier who are very similar are still there.   The chances 1-2 are there at 2.40 are pretty much a lock.   Elway just can’t reach for a specific skill position we should be good.  

I'm trying to understand your point. Mines simple. If you really like a guy and don't think he'll make it to your spot, trade up and get him.

I think your position is, always stand pat and take the best player available at your spot, is that right?