2018 Ravens 1st Round Draft Pick (#32) - Lamar Jackson, QB, Louisville

wackywabbit

5 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

I don't get why you put that much trust in them. Sure they are a smart organization, but so are we. They are having unprecedented success mostly becuase they lucked into the greatest player of all time on a late flier. More recently, they completely ignored pass rush and had no idea how to stop Nick Foles or even Bortles. They also completely botched the handling of Jimmy G as an asset.

I honestly believe they were smoke-screening with the Jackson visit. The only thing that makes sense for them is to win now and milk out another SB before Brady is done.

Im just saying, they had an obvious need, an extra pick to use, and did a lot of research on him, and still passed. Just a cause of concern for me

26 minutes ago, Danger said:

Funny that you guys have basically the same guy as your backup (RGIII)

Flacco will be in the hotseat this year. Two guys who could definitely give him a run for his money.

P.S. Thanks Joe Flacco.

Yeah I feel like RGIII and Jackson are the future, and Flacco can ride out his last year or two before being shown the door after robbing us of basically $100M

2 hours ago, berlin calling said:

wow. @diamondbull424 i hope your judgement on him is correct.

like the position as this is it for Flacco. No more mediocre play to just come by, 9-5 mentality. deliver or be cut June 2nd 2019.

like the spot for the 5th year option as he should sit at least a year.

hate to give up a future second. 

They'll get that second back or maybe more when they trade Flacco.

6 minutes ago, berlin calling said:

guess they'll rather cut him since who is going to add a pick to his contract? i mean, is there really any team you can think of?

Not right now, but given a year or two, I’m sure some team will easily give up at least a second round pick to get a “winner” and a “super bowl mvp”. Flacco at the very least is a great game manager that can take a team with the right pieces to the Super Bowl and be a clutch factor.

So if a team that goes all in on a Super Bowl either loses their starting QB to retirement or a rookie doesn’t pan out, Flacco will be an interesting name in league circles. Plus he has plenty of years left to boot and they won’t have to fully guarantee his deal like with most of the top QBs might command in free agency moving forward.

One such team that I can easily think of could be the Jacksonville Jaguars. If Bortles regresses, they might look and Flacco and think he can upgrade their offense with better QB play and has the big game experience and ability to beat a defense that is trying to take away the run game. Flacco can do all of those things. I’m sure they’d easily give up a late 1st round pick to ride out Flacco for the last 2-3 years of his career. 

@diamondbull424 actually thinking about it it could also very well be the Broncos.

horseface loves his strong armed QBs and he knows what Flacco is able to at Mile High... :D

can't see Keenum repeating his last season, they'll be in QB purgatory again very soon. that defense is top notch but they don't have Peyton anymore to carry that O on his last legs.

Archived