Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
ninjapirate

Fire Howie a.k.a. official eagles trade down from 32 thread

Recommended Posts

33 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I mean you can look at the 2019 2nd as an optional 2018 3rd because if there is a player in the 3rd they love they can flip 2019 pick for him and still have a 2nd next year. But if the board in the 3rd sucks then they have a better pick next year rather than forcing a player 

Most of their needs are 2019 needs anyway. Gotta fight that "But I want it noooooow" attitude when looking at the deal

I do think there is value in having the kid get coached up under you for that extra year. 

I would have went with the 3rd this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Doesn't this just mean our scouts didn't see anyone at 32 worth taking?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Phire said:

Doesn't this just mean our scouts didn't see anyone at 32 worth taking?

Howie said they had 32 names they were comfortable selecting so unless that was a lie there should have been probably 3 or 4 guys they liked. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ninjapirate said:

Howie said they had 32 names they were comfortable selecting so unless that was a lie there should have been probably 3 or 4 guys they liked. 

Howie has to say that whether it's true or not. No need to show your hand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

what if the only reason they made the trade was to ensure NY didn't get Jackson and Barkley on the same team, NO way anyone would've stopped them if that happened. So maybe Howie was like this trade sucks, but hey lets screw the giants over. lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Phire said:

Howie has to say that whether it's true or not. No need to show your hand.

There are a handful of good players left at 32 I really doubt the eagles hated them all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

what if the only reason they made the trade was to ensure NY didn't get Jackson and Barkley on the same team, NO way anyone would've stopped them if that happened. So maybe Howie was like this trade sucks, but hey lets screw the giants over. lol

Giants screwed themselves by not taking darnold and having guice fall to them at 34.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ninjapirate said:

I'm the forums heel breh I got to do my civic duties. 

I love this. but i hate you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm happy about the additional 2nd in '19 but dropping twenty spots its nuts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ninjapirate said:

I do think there is value in having the kid get coached up under you for that extra year. 

I would have went with the 3rd this year.

They still can have a 3rd if it is worth it. No sense coaching up a guy for an extra year if he isnt that good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ninjapirate said:

There are a handful of good players left at 32 I really doubt the eagles hated them all. 

You agree our scouts are excellent. There clearly wasn't one guy they thought was worth taking over the trade. You rocked the "Free Howie" sig for years, cmon son, have faith.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Phire said:

You agree our scouts are excellent. There clearly wasn't one guy they thought was worth taking over the trade. You rocked the "Free Howie" sig for years, cmon son, have faith.

Ninja is the definition of the fickle Philadelphia sports fan. I guarantee if Carson comes out and throws 2 picks opening night he'll be chanting for Nick Foles to start.

Edited by Danger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

Giants screwed themselves by not taking darnold and having guice fall to them at 34.

So true. Darnold and Guice. So much better than Barkley and __________. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×