Fire Howie a.k.a. official eagles trade down from 32 thread

ninjapirate

31 minutes ago, Danger said:

Ninja is the definition of the fickle Philadelphia sports fan. I guarantee if Carson comes out and throws 2 picks opening night he'll be chanting for Nick Foles to start.

Oh we all know how Ninja operates. Still fun to engage for nostalgia. 

13 hours ago, Phire said:

Oh we all know how Ninja operates. Still fun to engage for nostalgia. 

Old Ninja is rearing his ugly head again. Optimistic Pirate is dead, buried post SB Parade. 1/2 dressed Ninja is back!

The Seahawks got the 40th and 109th picks (a 2nd and 4th) from Minnesota in 2014 for pick 32 when the Vikes traded to get Teddy.

Sooooo...how exactly is this trade terrible? We got more value than that, and considering that literally everyone knew we were desperate to trade down, thats almost impressive.

I know you saying fire Howie is just you being sarcastic, @ninjapirate ....but your opinion that we got terrible value in the trade isnt though. But what are you basing this off? The point value chart? Because it says we got the better deal (note I dont like the Jimmy Johnson chart). Or what? 

Literally so many teams in the 1st were trading up and not giving up nearly as much as people would expect. Except the Saints who made one of the dumbest trades I can remember in draft history recently. Give up a 1st to move up like 10 spots to 14 and grab....a raw pass rusher from a small school? But not the future top 10 QB in Lamar Jackson, who your genius offensive coach would do wonders with, to take over when your 39 year old QB inevitably retires soon.

4 hours ago, BAConrad said:

The Seahawks got the 40th and 109th picks (a 2nd and 4th) from Minnesota in 2014 for pick 32 when the Vikes traded to get Teddy.

Sooooo...how exactly is this trade terrible? We got more value than that, and considering that literally everyone knew we were desperate to trade down, thats almost impressive.

I know you saying fire Howie is just you being sarcastic, @ninjapirate ....but your opinion that we got terrible value in the trade isnt though. But what are you basing this off? The point value chart? Because it says we got the better deal (note I dont like the Jimmy Johnson chart). Or what? 

Literally so many teams in the 1st were trading up and not giving up nearly as much as people would expect. Except the Saints who made one of the dumbest trades I can remember in draft history recently. Give up a 1st to move up like 10 spots to 14 and grab....a raw pass rusher from a small school? But not the future top 10 QB in Lamar Jackson, who your genius offensive coach would do wonders with, to take over when your 39 year old QB inevitably retires soon.

the seahawks also making a bad deal in the past doesn't mean howie got all the value he should have on friday. 

5 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

the seahawks also making a bad deal in the past doesn't mean howie got all the value he should have on friday. 

yea the Seahawks are probably the worst barometer for reason or logic when it comes to moves.

Rest of the league is playing checkers and they are playing hungry hungry hippos sometimes

Even though the trade ended up working in our favor we dropped down that far and still got a guy we could have taken at 32 without anyone batting an eye. Still felt like howie was selling for 90 cents on the dollar when a team was coming up to get a qb with a 5th year option. 

Haven't been on the forums in a long time, thought the thread was going to be a joke, and then saw the author and still laughed. It was the right move. They're not in a dire position of needing somebody to fill and clearly felt that they could get one of the guys they would have taken at 52. Picking up a likely top 45 pick in next year's draft is going to be great for us, and we still got our guy in the 2nd round. We didn't trade for 90 cents on the dollar - virtually everywhere graded us out as having won the trade. Most teams value the following year's draft pick around the last pick in the current round or first pick in the following round, which puts us about 100 points ahead on the aforementioned chart. Nothing to see here.

56 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

Even though the trade ended up working in our favor we dropped down that far and still got a guy we could have taken at 32 without anyone batting an eye. Still felt like howie was selling for 90 cents on the dollar when a team was coming up to get a qb with a 5th year option. 

I agree we could've pushed for more. But I'm not sure what that would be. 

Even just a 5th or 6th would've made me happy

I just tell myself we payed the Division rival tax and let it go though ...because NY would've been a good situation for Lamar. Sit behind Eli for a couple years, then have to deal with 3 gamebreakers on offense with them.

Archived