Yo Denzel Ward

Bonanza23

Why the crap isn’t there a Denzel Ward topic? The heck?

You guys know me I wanted Chubb. He will be good. But I also love Ward. Was hoping to trade back a bit and take him there. He’s a legit shut down guy. I’ve said before his ball skill is elite. He’s perfect to shut down Brown. Say it again, shut down Brown. Got a ring no?

I hate the Ward pick, not because he isn't talented, but it was a need pick over BPA and I simply do not believe you do that with the #4 pick overall. The pick should have been Chubb IMO!!! 

I also love Baker Mayfield for his leadership qualities, his competitiveness and his toughness, but there is no way I draft him over Darnold.

I believe this draft will prove in the long run to be a total disaster for the Browns and I can see why Reid and KC got rid of Dorsey and again Haslam shows the inability and incompetence when hiring a competent FO!!!

4 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I think he’s a good prospect and may very likely have a good career.

Not sure using a 4th pick on him was the best use of assets.

Happy to improve the CB position though.

When he’s garnering all pro status you’ll be fine. :D

Bradley Chubb is literally the only non QB in this draft that I would have taken over Denzel Ward and even then it was a toss up for me.

Browns fans just doing what Browns fans do best. 

Maybe its not really the media who brings a constant cloud of negativity around all things Browns. Maybe it has been the fan base the whole time.

You want something to change in Cleveland? I honestly think the only thing we haven't tried changing in 20 years of losing is the constant whining and bitching about every pick second after the pick as if the kid already failed in that blink of an eye. How about Browns fans try to change and maybe things will change for Browns fans?

10 minutes ago, TheeRealDeal said:

Bradley Chubb is literally the only non QB in this draft that I would have taken over Denzel Ward and even then it was a toss up for me.

Browns fans just doing what Browns fans do best. 

Maybe its not really the media who brings a constant cloud of negativity around all things Browns. Maybe it has been the fan base the whole time.

You want something to change in Cleveland? I honestly think the only thing we haven't tried changing in 20 years of losing is the constant whining and bitching about every pick second after the pick as if the kid already failed in that blink of an eye. How about Browns fans try to change and maybe things will change for Browns fans?

As if our sentiments bear any relevance to the success of the players we select.  I think if you have the almost unfathomable record the Browns have that it is pretty justified.  How the Browns even have any fans left is a miracle in itself.

21 minutes ago, Iamcanadian said:

I hate the Ward pick, not because he isn't talented, but it was a need pick over BPA and I simply do not believe you do that with the #4 pick overall. The pick should have been Chubb IMO!!! 

I also love Baker Mayfield for his leadership qualities, his competitiveness and his toughness, but there is no way I draft him over Darnold.

I believe this draft will prove in the long run to be a total disaster for the Browns and I can see why Reid and KC got rid of Dorsey and again Haslam shows the inability and incompetence when hiring a competent FO!!!

You just complimented both players and then said it was a disaster

your take is bad

2 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

As if our sentiments bear any relevance to the success of the players we select.  I think if you have the almost unfathomable record the Browns have that it is pretty justified.  How the Browns even have any fans left is a miracle in itself.

See ya then

im with @TheeRealDeal  team optimism here let’s try something new 

Just now, mistakey said:

See ya then

im with @TheeRealDeal  team optimism here let’s try something new 

I think the mental breakdowns are uncalled for, but they are irrelevant in terms of team success.  The only acceptable positions are highly skeptical or highly confident when it comes to draft selections in April.  I’m in the skeptical camp, and I’m allowed independent thought about who the Browns select.  I’m a fan of a football team, not a citizen in a Stalinist regime.

1 minute ago, mistakey said:

You just complimented both players and then said it was a disaster

your take is bad

I believe both players will be OK but I strongly believe Darnold and Chubb will be stars and that is the difference. Darnold is about 3 years younger than Mayfield and that gives hum 3 years to fix any problems he may have, but Mayfield will not have that luxury. As for Ward, Chubb simply has a bigger upside and I believe Ward was a need pick and you just never do that with a top 5 pick!!!

Teams should draft for need. It would be silly to think otherwise. You don't take a much lesser talent but if fixing a problem gives you 2 more wins per year and upgrading a strength gives you .5 wins per year you'd take the latter. Drafting for need fixes problems and every team's boards take into consideration team needs, ask any team.

7 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

I think the mental breakdowns are uncalled for, but they are irrelevant in terms of team success.  The only acceptable positions are highly skeptical or highly confident when it comes to draft selections in April.  I’m in the skeptical camp, and I’m allowed independent thought about who the Browns select.  I’m a fan of a football team, not a citizen in a Stalinist regime.

Lol woah there bud Stalin killed 20 million soviets were just fans let’s leave the hyperbole out of this 

public opinion impacts changes in the franchise.  Maybe if we don’t get up in arms we don’t change coaches every 3 months.  Draft isn’t even 1/7th of the way Over and people are chicken littleing cause they didn’t get their way 

bunch of babies

Archived