Yo Denzel Ward

Bonanza23

12 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

We didn't have a FS on our roster.  I dont think it was ideal they had no choice.

Hadn’t McCourty played FS?

BBC is going to play their this year, why not last year?

Nacua didn’t look awful the last week or two (still not sure why we cut that guy right now).

There were plenty of options, they just chose not to use them.

Maybe I’m an idiot, but if I had a look around the DB room idk if Peppers is the guy I’d be choosing to play 25 yards from the LOS. 

1 minute ago, ohiogenius said:

The one game we played Kai at FS, he looked infinitely better than Jabrill at FS

At least I’m not alone...

Yeah I thought he looked decent, and Peppers MUCH better at SS.

1 minute ago, ohiogenius said:

I dont blame Peppers becase he definitely shouldnt have been put in that position

Agreed. Makes as much sense as having Myles drop in coverage iyam.

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Hadn’t McCourty played FS?

BBC is going to play their this year, why not last year?

Nacua didn’t look awful the last week or two (still not sure why we cut that guy right now).

There were plenty of options, they just chose not to use them.

Maybe I’m an idiot, but if I had a look around the DB room idk if Peppers is the guy I’d be choosing to play 25 yards from the LOS. 

Didn't have the depth at CB to move any of those guys back there.  Kindred was playing really well at SS.  Players we had available at DB didn't make sense from top to bottom.

2 hours ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

Kai had that one knuckleheaded play towards the end of the season that left fans calling for his roster spot too, though.

Either way, he certainly showed promise. But this DB room is absolutely crammed.

That and I saw a few really bad angles he made. 

On 5/1/2018 at 11:30 AM, MistaBohmbastic said:

I bet he just wants to incorporate press more frequently with Ward in the mix.

I am a fan of ya playing more press. It is more disruptive than off coverage. 

I hate off coverage.

On 4/30/2018 at 7:30 PM, MistaBohmbastic said:

I bet he just wants to incorporate press more frequently with Ward in the mix.

You really think a 183 lbs CB is going to be good in press coverage, not likely. Ward is a shutdown CB who will excel in man to man coverage, but I still question the pick as the CB class was pretty deep and when you add Chubb to the rush, the QB is going to lose almost a second off his time to find a wide open receiver and that alone makes a CB's job a lot easier in fact for every DB. Remember, if Garrett is the player we think he is, he will get all the double teams and help in stopping his pass rush, while Chubb would be single teamed against the RT not a LT in his pass rushing and we could have got as many as 25 sacks between them and a real intimidating defense. 

Don't get me wrong, Ward is a nice piece, but in the end, Denver is looking at a Von Miller Chubb attack and we will see which defense has the better season???

For me, unless Ward was head and shoulders above Chubb as a prospect, which I do not believe to be so, I take the DE over a CB every day of the week.

48 minutes ago, Iamcanadian said:

You really think a 183 lbs CB is going to be good in press coverage, not likely. 

Well that’s pretty much all he ran in college, so they should at least have an idea.

48 minutes ago, Iamcanadian said:

Don't get me wrong, Ward is a nice piece, but in the end, Denver is looking at a Von Miller Chubb attack and we will see which defense has the better season???

Are you implying that had we drafted Chubb we’d have a better defense than DEN next season???

Iyam there wasn’t anything we were doing this off-season that gives us a better defense than DEN, so I’m not sure why that would be the measuring stick.

Archived