Yo Denzel Ward

Bonanza23

9 minutes ago, Iamcanadian said:

I believe both players will be OK but I strongly believe Darnold and Chubb will be stars and that is the difference. Darnold is about 3 years younger than Mayfield and that gives hum 3 years to fix any problems he may have, but Mayfield will not have that luxury. As for Ward, Chubb simply has a bigger upside and I believe Ward was a need pick and you just never do that with a top 5 pick!!!

You want to wait 3 years before our qb gets good?  I don’t let’s take the guy who can do it now 

5 minutes ago, mistakey said:

You want to wait 3 years before our qb gets good?  I don’t let’s take the guy who can do it now 

I believe Darnold would be a solid player by his second season, but I do not see stardom for Mayfield, he will just be OK IMO with a much shorter career. Possibly a top 15 QB while Darnold will end up a top 10 QB.

19 minutes ago, mistakey said:

Lol woah there bud Stalin killed 20 million soviets were just fans let’s leave the hyperbole out of this 

Come on. It's basically the same thing.

50 minutes ago, TheeRealDeal said:

Bradley Chubb is literally the only non QB in this draft that I would have taken over Denzel Ward and even then it was a toss up for me.

Browns fans just doing what Browns fans do best. 

Maybe its not really the media who brings a constant cloud of negativity around all things Browns. Maybe it has been the fan base the whole time.

You want something to change in Cleveland? I honestly think the only thing we haven't tried changing in 20 years of losing is the constant whining and bitching about every pick second after the pick as if the kid already failed in that blink of an eye. How about Browns fans try to change and maybe things will change for Browns fans?

POST OF THE DAY

34 minutes ago, mistakey said:

You just complimented both players and then said it was a disaster

your take is bad

?

41 minutes ago, TheeRealDeal said:

Bradley Chubb is literally the only non QB in this draft that I would have taken over Denzel Ward and even then it was a toss up for me.

Browns fans just doing what Browns fans do best. 

Maybe its not really the media who brings a constant cloud of negativity around all things Browns. Maybe it has been the fan base the whole time.

You want something to change in Cleveland? I honestly think the only thing we haven't tried changing in 20 years of losing is the constant whining and bitching about every pick second after the pick as if the kid already failed in that blink of an eye. How about Browns fans try to change and maybe things will change for Browns fans?

Have you looked at our record for the last 20 years and you think we are whining too much. IMO, with the owners we have had, we should have given up buying tickets years ago, we have been way too soft on our owners. We are the laughing stock of the NFL or didn't you notice our 1-31 record over the last 2 seasons and I believe Haslam hired the wrong guy again after seeing how he used the #1 and #4 picks and can understand why Reid and KC canned him.

As for the Ward over Chubb pick, I think it stunk, Ward is not some 6' 1" 200 lbs CB with great speed and talent, therefore worthy of being the #4 pick, he is a 5'11" 183 lbs. CB with speed and talent and there is no way he should have been picked ahead of Chubb. It was a need pick over BPA and you never do that with a top 5 pick and that is why I think the pick stunk!!!

1 minute ago, Iamcanadian said:

Have you looked at our record for the last 20 years and you think we are whining too much. IMO, with the owners we have had, we should have given up buying tickets years ago, we have been way too soft on our owners. We are the laughing stock of the NFL or didn't you notice our 1-31 record over the last 2 seasons and I believe Haslam hired the wrong guy again after seeing how he used the #1 and #4 picks and can understand why Reid and KC canned him.

As for the Ward over Chubb pick, I think it stunk, Ward is not some 6' 1" 200 lbs CB with great speed and talent, therefore worthy of being the #4 pick, he is a 5'11" 183 lbs. CB with speed and talent and there is no way he should have been picked ahead of Chubb. It was a need pick over BPA and you never do that with a top 5 pick and that is why I think the pick stunk!!!

If it is so bad then please, please do leave. I have had mega boner since noon and I don't need negativity like this killing the mood.

I'm not sure Chubb was that special 

again hes a senior right now and might've been a mid to late first last year

Ward was the number 1 corner in the country coming into the season and left that way

we haven't seen the best of Ward

we're going to love him on Special Teams and hes going to be a top level corner in the league 

2 minutes ago, Iamcanadian said:

Man you had me until the 2nd paragraph. I think Ward is really good and def the #1 CB in this draft. I think that was the only good thing about this 1st round but I do hope I'm wrong and Baker turns out to be at least serviceable. I just don't think Baker is as good as people think with the soft big12 defences he faced. This is my opinion so take it with a grain of salt. 

5 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Ward was the number 1 corner in the country coming into the season and left that way

we're going to love him on Special Teams and hes going to be a top level corner in the league 

I thought  the gap was bigger with chubb and landry than ward and oliver. Like the mayfield pick though.

Just now, buckeyesNut0623 said:

Man you had me until the 2nd paragraph. I think Ward is really good and def the #1 CB in this draft. I think that was the only good thing about this 1st round but I do hope I'm wrong and Baker turns out to be at least serviceable. I just don't think Baker is as good as people think with the soft big12 defences he faced. This is my opinion so take it with a grain of salt. 

I am not saying Ward will not be a good player, I simply believe Chubb will be a much better player in the end.

As for Mayfield, I believe he will have a pretty solid career, but won't be a star, while Darnold will simply have a better career and will be at least a top 10 QB and as he is about 3 years younger than Baker, he will also have a much longer career.

1 minute ago, thebestever6 said:

I thought  the gap was bigger with chubb and landry than ward and oliver. Like the mayfield pick though.

Ward is a talent, but he could not beat out Ohio St.'s starters in 2016 and only started for one year. He is simply not big enough to be a real star IMO, but that does not mean he will be a bad player. I think he will be solid, just not a star and with the #4 pick, you are looking for game changers.

9 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Yup. We're gonna be happy with an elite OSU corner of our own.

3 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

I feel the opposite, as if Landry checks out healthwise, I see 10 sacks per year. I'm not sure how instinctive Oliver is, though I do like him.

3 minutes ago, Iamcanadian said:

I am not saying Ward will not be a good player, I simply believe Chubb will be a much better player in the end.

As for Mayfield, I believe he will have a pretty solid career, but won't be a star, while Darnold will simply have a better career and will be at least a top 10 QB and as he is about 3 years younger than Baker, he will also have a much longer career.

I'm not a fan of Mayfield but Ward has the potential to be a Pro Bowl CB imo. I don't think the same about Chubb who I do think is good not great so I guess we'll have to agree to disagree there. I like the Ward pick, Baker might take some time to grow on me but time will tell. 

Ward is going to have a much greater impact. Every down. From the start... He has rare speed and quicks. There's nothing rare about Chubb other than he's already well rounded. 

Having Ward opens up the blitzes and more importantly frees the safeties to help out elsewhere or take chances.

2 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

Yup. We're gonna be happy with an elite OSU corner of our own.

I feel the opposite, as if Landry checks out healthwise, I see 10 sacks per year. I'm not sure how instinctive Oliver is, though I do like him.

I mean well see I think Cleveland could of done better or worse lol

Archived