Top 3 wish list for RD2

resilient part 2

6 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

FIFY ;)

then we need to combine some and get into the 2nd 3rd rd range. 

I'll agree with you there. Getting an additional 2nd or 3rd round pick is a must at this point.

1 minute ago, Dallas94Ware said:

Ronnie Harrison please. Give me a competitive safety who can play either role and push for a job, and if not win said job, can still play a big role on 5 and 6 DB formations.

They have a few of em on thw roster already. Awuzie an Woods

Just now, buddy_z34 said:

They have a few of em on thw roster already. Awuzie an Woods

Woods seems to be more the do it all cover guy. And Awuzie looks really sharp at corner. Harrison is more of a pursuit player - some centerfield, some robber, even perhaps some snaps as the LB in a 6 DB formation even.

Woods is going to be good...but he is still more of a cover guy. We need some pop, speed, and pursuit on this D. LVE doez help there, but a guy like Harrison or Allen from Penn State would really help.

3 minutes ago, Dallas94Ware said:

Woods seems to be more the do it all cover guy. And Awuzie looks really sharp at corner. Harrison is more of a pursuit player - some centerfield, some robber, even perhaps some snaps as the LB in a 6 DB formation even.

Woods is going to be good...but he is still more of a cover guy. We need some pop, speed, and pursuit on this D. LVE doez help there, but a guy like Harrison or Allen from Penn State would really help.

I like Harrison. Curious to your thoughts on Frazier?

Do you think he fits next to Woods as starting safeties?

Just now, CAPJ said:

I like Harrison. Curious to your thoughts on Frazier?

Do you think he fits next to Woods as starting safeties?

Kind of hard to predict...Frazier is a real force at safety but he doesnt play with good range. As a robber role, he has good pursuit and tackle skills. But I think Heath kind of has the leg up there with better range and better vision of the field. It puts him in position to make a play far more often than you see in Frazier.

I kind of think Frazier is more of that kind of ST ace and good backup option, but not the guy you will want starting every game just out of fear for when his eyes betray him - he needs to keep his eyes scanning more and stop trying to be proactive. It gets him lost. Safety is a reaction position, seeing and reacting quickly. 

But hey, hes still young. Who knows what some more study will do for the kid. Still think Heath is the better option at this point though. He makes mistakes, but hes a footballer and knows how to come out of a messy situation on top. Something you got to like about that.

1 minute ago, Dallas94Ware said:

Kind of hard to predict...Frazier is a real force at safety but he doesnt play with good range. As a robber role, he has good pursuit and tackle skills. But I think Heath kind of has the leg up there with better range and better vision of the field. It puts him in position to make a play far more often than you see in Frazier.

I kind of think Frazier is more of that kind of ST ace and good backup option, but not the guy you will want starting every game just out of fear for when his eyes betray him - he needs to keep his eyes scanning more and stop trying to be proactive. It gets him lost. Safety is a reaction position, seeing and reacting quickly. 

But hey, hes still young. Who knows what some more study will do for the kid. Still think Heath is the better option at this point though. He makes mistakes, but hes a footballer and knows how to come out of a messy situation on top. Something you got to like about that.

You think Woods will start at safety?

9 minutes ago, buddy_z34 said:

He should. As of now both starting safety spots are up for grabs. I dont see anyone beating out Woods for the FS spot 

13 minutes ago, CAPJ said:

You think Woods will start at safety?

I dont think there is another safety/DB on the team capable of both coverage and pursuit on the same level as Woods. Probably not ideal, but with some better understanding of what hes seeing Woods can be a real player back there. Maybe not the speed for centerfield, but in a cover 2 and a guy sliding down to cover the slot he has some nice tools to build with.

33 minutes ago, Dallas94Ware said:

Ronnie Harrison please. Give me a competitive safety who can play either role and push for a job, and if not win said job, can still play a big role on 5 and 6 DB formations.

I like Ronnie, but they have been saying they want a free safety. Don't know if he fits there. Maybe Jessie Bates though

Archived