Round two who goes to who

49erurtaza

Since DEN picks 2.40, I'll go at least 8 picks, and a top 12 Big Board left so far:

Here's my top 15 left for Day 2 ...and who I think we'll see go:

Top 15 left

Harold Landry, EDGE

Will Hernandez, G

Conor Williams, T

Joshua Jackson, CB

Isiah Oliver, CB

Dallas Goedert, TE

Josh Sweat, DE

Maurice Hurst, DT

James Daniels, C

Courtland Sutton, WR

Anthony Miller, WR

Justin Reid, S

Sam Hubbard, DE

Derrius Guice, RB (I'm a RB value nihilist, full admission)

Nick Chubb, RB

Now, looking at the Big Board, and the upcoming draft order, here's what I'd guess from 2.33 to 2.40, if there aren't trades:

2.33 - CLE - will go T Williams (if not him, then could go Hurst, but I think they'll want to get their Joe Thomas replacement).

2.34 - NYG - will go OL, Williams if he's there; or could go pass rush and Landry.   If they get Landry, pretty solid alternative with Barkley/Landry instead of Chubb/Guice, for example (still would have gone QB in their shoes, but that ship has sailed).  

2.35 - CLE - knowing NYG isn't going RB, they can now go Guice.   Pretty solid result instead of Barkley at 1.4.

2.36 - IND - they would fall head over heels if Landry was here.     Otherwise, get talent - DT Hurst or DE Sweat fits the bill.

2.37 - IND - popular to mock another RB - but IND has another 2nd rounder at 2.49, so would be surprised if they went RB here.   I think they pop one CB here, they lost their best CB's to FA.  Either Jackson or Oliver.   Going CB-DL seems like the natural BPA fit.   Landry and a CB, and GM Ballard does cartwheels.  

2.38 - TAM - sadly, this is where I see Will Hernandez go.  Such a steal.  

2.39 - CHI - if Hernandez is there, he goes here, and GM Pace is ecstatic.  Otherwise, I could see them go with a Tyrell Crosby or Brian O'Neill at T.   WR is also possible, given they passed on Cam Meredith, they do need to get cheap WR depth.     Sutton is the guy here. 

2.40 - DEN - I'd love to say we would have Will Hernandez or Conor Williams here - don't see that.  I do see James Daniels here, great choice for OL.   For CB, it looks like Davis, and 1 of Jackson/Oliver would be here.  Finally, and most importantly, I also see TE Goedert here for sure - CLE, IND, NYG, CHI & TAM have ALL invested in TE heavily.   

Given the above, and the depth of RB/WR left, I in no way, shape or form can endorse a RB or WR for DEN.   Too much depth left for 3.70 and 3.99.   I can get behind Daniels/Hernandez/Williams but I think 2 of those 3 are goners (TAM, CHI & CLE all need it).   I definitely could see a top 3 CB left over, which would be great value, especially if it's Jackson or Oliver.  No complaints there.  But the Zach Ertz ceiling, TE Dallas Goedert I'd be thrilled with - and it would address the O upgrade Elway is looking for.   

Really excited for 2.40.  Please, no Chark, no reaching for WR/RB - the Big Board says Goedert, or CB/OL.   Do it, Elway.  Break the Day 2 curse!

I can only speak for my own team. Miami will be desperately looking for a LB and TE tomorrow. It's very possible they go TE in the 2nd round. Another CB wouldn't shock me either. IDK how high they will go DT and RB.

I have a feeling Miami will be trading up using one of their 4th rounders. IDK for who though. 

15 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

I think Connor Williams goes 33 to Cleveland, Hernandez goes 34 to the Giants, and Daniels and Landry go to the Colts. There's definitely gonna be a quick run on the remaining IOL. 

I think Williams/Hernandez/Landry go early.  But IND has to be thinking CB with Jackson/Oliver available given their best CB's are gone, to pair with Landry (or if Landry goes to CLE or G-men, then a Maurice Hurst/Josh Sweat for IND) .  Ryan Kelly is back at C for them, Daniels is a pure C.   I really think Ballard will go DL (praying for Landry) and a CB.

I know they were hoping Chubb would fall to them, but Nelson/Landry/Jackson or Oliver would IMO be a great plan B for IND.   Plus they have a 2.50's pick for RB upgrade, too.

1 hour ago, Broncofan said:

2.36 - IND - they would fall head over heels if Landry was here.     Otherwise, get talent - DT Hurst or DE Sweat fits the bill.

2.37 - IND - popular to mock another RB - but IND has another 2nd rounder at 2.49, so would be surprised if they went RB here.   I think they pop one CB here, they lost their best CB's to FA.  Either Jackson or Oliver.   Going CB-DL seems like the natural BPA fit.   Landry and a CB, and GM Ballard does cartwheels.  

Hurst and Landry are dream picks for sure, gotta figure they're tumbling for legitimate reasons though so we'll see.

I get your point with RBs but man it would be tough to pass on Guice.  He is going to be a freaking stud, and he'll have Nelson to run behind now.  

Jackson fits exactly what Ballard is looking for in a CB.  Long, elite ball skills, excels in zone.  Would be a great pick.

Too many options to know what to do with.  Thanks PIT and SEA.

Top players left on my board:-

* Will Hernandez

* Maurice Hurst

* Derrius Guice

* Anthony Miller

* James Daniels

* Josh Jackson

* Dallas Goedart

* Lorenzo Carter

* Ronnie Harrison

* Nick Chubb

* Braden Smith

* Justin Reid

* Courtland Sutton

* Christian Kirk

* Connor Williams

* Sam Hubbard

* James Washington

* Carlton Davis

* Jessie Bates III

* Austin Corbett

* Dante Pettis

* Isaiah Oliver

8 minutes ago, bananabucket said:

Hurst and Landry are dream picks for sure, gotta figure they're tumbling for legitimate reasons though so we'll see.

I get your point with RBs but man it would be tough to pass on Guice.  He is going to be a freaking stud, and he'll have Nelson to run behind now.  

Jackson fits exactly what Ballard is looking for in a CB.  Long, elite ball skills, excels in zone.  Would be a great pick.

Too many options to know what to do with.  Thanks PIT and SEA.

If you didn't have a 2.49 pick, I'd agree with your point on RB. 

Just consider this:

2.36 & 2.37 - you go Jackson CB and say Landry, or Hurst.  Can you get a Landry/Hurst or Jackson-level talent at 2.49?  Or even close?  I don't see it.

2.49 - Guice may not be there.  But Nick Chubb, Ronald Jones (who I don't really want TBH, but CW loves him here for some reason) likely will be.   If not them, John Kelly / Ballage / Walton / K-Johnson (another violent runner) / Freeman should be there in Rd3+.   Just such a smaller talent dropoff compared to the dropoff from Landry/Hurst for DL or Jackson at CB.

FWIW, given how many picks CLE has, I wouldn't be surprised if they make it moot and take Guice with 2.35 (won't need to worry about NYG going RB at 2.34 lol, so they scoop Conor Williams at T 2.33).    Frankly, I think that's a blessing in your case.

I've got Connor Williams going #33.

The Chargers I think end up with some combo of Jerome Baker, Derek Nnadi, Deadrin Senat, Tyrell Crosby, Rasheem Green, or Uchena Nwosu.

Rams I think end up with some combo of Okoronkwo, Jewell, Kiser, or Cappa.

5 minutes ago, The LBC said:

I've got Connor Williams going #33.

The Chargers I think end up with some combo of Jerome Baker, Derek Nnadi, Deadrin Senat, Tyrell Crosby, Rasheem Green, or Uchena Nwosu.

Rams I think end up with some combo of Okoronkwo, Jewell, Kiser, or Cappa.

Got an eery feeling Chargers are taking Kyle Lauletta somewhere on day two. 

Archived