Who do you want now on Day 2?

Livewire

1 hour ago, warfelg said:

Gut feeling tells me that Colbert is going to use the draft capitol to move up for Mason Rudolph.  I might want to preorder a new TV.

I think if they wanted Rudolph, they would have taken him at #28 with the 5th year option.

Honestly, Josh Jackson is appealing.  If you've seen him play at Iowa, dude is good, real good, surprised he didn't go in round one.

I do NOT want Malik Jefferson.  

Tim Settle would be a good upgrade at DL imo.

Ronald Jones (i said James in the other thread but this is who I meant)  would be a good RB addition given that it's almost a foregone conclusion this is Bell's last year here.

I'd be happy with any combination of...

WR C.Kirk (could be special)
WR C.Sutton 
WR A.Miller
WR J.Washington
WR M.Gallup (really like him)
WR D.Chark (he worries me)

LB H.Landry
LB M.Jefferson
LB L.Carter
LB U.Nwosu
LB D.Leonard
LB J.Baker

CB I.Oliver
CB J.Jackson
CB C.Davis

RB D. Guice
RB R.Jones II (I like him a lot)
RB N.Chubb

TE D.Goedert

DL B.Hill
DL H.Phillips

QB M.Rudolph

If I had my pick, I'd love to get Ronald Jones, Christian Kirk and Malik Jefferson, but they're all likely gone early - mid round two.

22 minutes ago, cjfollett said:

I think the Steelers next pick should be one of these CBs:

Josh Jackson
Carlton Davis
Isaiah Oliver
Donte Jackson

However, after round 1's pick, I clearly have no clue.

Would hate taking a CB...need to let Burns sink or swim and figure out what you have in Sutton and Allen first.

2 minutes ago, AlanFanecaFan said:

Would hate taking a CB...need to let Burns sink or swim and figure out what you have in Sutton and Allen first.

i like the cbs on the list there but i kinda wish there is a run and all of them are off the board before our pick to force a different direction.

6 minutes ago, AlanFanecaFan said:

I'm sorry, but the Steelers need much better play at CB than they have. Here are the current players on the roster. I don't think any one of them scares any O in the league.

29     Allen, Brian - Needs to show more
25     Burns, Artie - Needs to be pushed
23     Haden, Joe   - Aging vet
28     Hilton, Mike - Replaceable
35     Phillips, Dashaun - Replaceable
24     Sensabaugh, Coty - Replaceable
20     Sutton, Cameron - Needs to be pushed

I think Jackson or Davis challenges for a starter position in camp.

1 hour ago, Armsteeld2 said:

I forgot about him.  I don’t make a big board and try to remember all the prospects.  Of course that means I forget so many and then I’m like “He’s in this draft class?”  Sweat would be a good fit.  He and Watt could talk about all their knee surgeries together ? 

I think i may work on one.  Thanks ?? 

Sweat's injury was much much worse. I can't say whether it's going to be a problem in the future but it was really bad. 

3 minutes ago, cjfollett said:

I'm sorry, but the Steelers need much better play at CB than they have. Here are the current players on the roster. I don't think any one of them scares any O in the league.

29     Allen, Brian - Needs to show more
25     Burns, Artie - Needs to be pushed
23     Haden, Joe   - Aging vet
28     Hilton, Mike - Replaceable
35     Phillips, Dashaun - Replaceable
24     Sensabaugh, Coty - Replaceable
20     Sutton, Cameron - Needs to be pushed

I think Jackson or Davis challenges for a starter position in camp.

The bolded came from the same draft so why does one need to show more and the other needs to be pushed?  Haden also just turned 29.  Not as old as he's made out to be.

Sutton was a 3rd round pick. He needs to be pushed means he needs competition for more playing time in games. I like what I've seen from him so far, but I am not convinced he's the answer at one of the CB spots for this team.

Allen was a 5th round pick. He barely made the team, IMO, because there weren't many other options. Needs to show more means he hasn't been that good in the plays I've seen.

34 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Need to do a little more research but my initial look is a soft pass.

Watch some Bradley Chubb cutups and look at how diverse Kentavious is.  He played all along the DL.  He has great burst and excellent hands to fight through blocks.  When he plays along the interior, he reminds me of Aaron Donald. 

Aaron Donald

6’1 280 4.66 40 yard 1.63 10 yard 2.73 20 yards 32.63 arm length 35 reps 225

Kentavious Street

6’2 280 4.87 40 yard 1.66 10 yards 2.79 20 yards 32.78 arm length 28 reps 225

I predict Rd 2 BJ Hill. Rd 3 J. Washington and Kiser. Followed by a full on melt down with things broken.

What I'd want: Rd 2 Carter (don't think he makes it tho) or Carlton Davis or Turay. Rd 3 St. Brown or TreQuan Smith or Avery. Some considerations for Warner, Burks and Gaulden (considering by many accounts Edmunds is going to be mainly used covering Gronk once or twice a year). 

Archived