Who do you want now on Day 2?

Livewire

42 minutes ago, warfelg said:

So after one injury shortened year where he played well when in there you are not convinced he’s an answer. Ok. 

Nope, not convinced one bit.

Josh Jackson may not be the answer either, but I think he's got a higher ceiling than Sutton maybe, and Allen for sure.

2 hours ago, cjfollett said:

I'm sorry, but the Steelers need much better play at CB than they have. Here are the current players on the roster. I don't think any one of them scares any O in the league.

29     Allen, Brian - Needs to show more
25     Burns, Artie - Needs to be pushed
23     Haden, Joe   - Aging vet
28     Hilton, Mike - Replaceable
35     Phillips, Dashaun - Replaceable
24     Sensabaugh, Coty - Replaceable
20     Sutton, Cameron - Needs to be pushed

I think Jackson or Davis challenges for a starter position in camp.

both bolds have hardly played , mostly because we have Haden and Burns. When Haden was hurt, they went with cody.  The bolds need to play but how is it going to happen unless injuries force the issue? They want to prove that artie was a good pick and we know as long as Haden is somewhat healthy, he is starting and our best CB.  What has to happen in nickel/dime situations, the bold needs tomato enough plays to challenge artie. if not, we are stuck with artie unless he really fails badly. He can't blame NKM or Davis since they won't be out there . This is make or break for artie and I am seeing break. I just saw him get beat too many times last year , and am waiting for Allen and or Sutton to get a fair chance.    

36 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

both bolds have hardly played , mostly because we have Haden and Burns. When Haden was hurt, they went with cody.  The bolds need to play but how is it going to happen unless injuries force the issue? They want to prove that artie was a good pick and we know as long as Haden is somewhat healthy, he is starting and our best CB.  What has to happen in nickel/dime situations, the bold needs tomato enough plays to challenge artie. if not, we are stuck with artie unless he really fails badly. He can't blame NKM or Davis since they won't be out there . This is make or break for artie and I am seeing break. I just saw him get beat too many times last year , and am waiting for Allen and or Sutton to get a fair chance.    

That's fair to an extent, but I don't have much hope for a 3rd or 5th round pick to knock off a #1. Expecting them to get a fair chance is like expecting to see Dobbs getting reps with the 1st team O in mid season. I wanted a 1st round CB, or 2nd at the least, to really come in and compete. Probably not getting that this year, unfortunately.

3 minutes ago, cjfollett said:

That's fair to an extent, but I don't have much hope for a 3rd or 5th round pick to knock off a #1. Expecting them to get a fair chance is like expecting to see Dobbs getting reps with the 1st team O in mid season. I wanted a 1st round CB, or 2nd at the least, to really come in and compete. Probably not getting that this year, unfortunately.

this is the political fact on this team, no way a late pick will get a chance unless injuries force the issue. We may very well have a few other CB's better than burns, but we won't know. Other teams that eventually sign these CB's will, but not us. If burns keeps getting burned, then that is on the coaches and not the FO.  In this event, burns needs to be replaced at starting CB  if he continues his woes. 

Dobbs won't be on the team if we draft a QB. Some have said Rudolph but lets see how this draft plays out.  I would hope for a ILB and or CB in the higher RD's, but they probably will draft rudolph if he is available

3 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

this is the political fact on this team, no way a late pick will get a chance unless injuries force the issue. We may very well have a few other CB's better than burns, but we won't know. Other teams that eventually sign these CB's will, but not us. If burns keeps getting burned, then that is on the coaches and not the FO.  In this event, burns needs to be replaced at starting CB  if he continues his woes. 

Dobbs won't be on the team if we draft a QB. Some have said Rudolph but lets see how this draft plays out.  I would hope for a ILB and or CB in the higher RD's, but they probably will draft rudolph if he is available

The Steelers need guys to help get them to the Super Bowl this year and next -- maybe next three years -- while they still have Ben. Rudolph doesn't do that. He's a future guy, and the Steelers can't afford that this year, IMO. RB doesn't help this year either. The D was atrocious, especially after Shaz went down. If they pick all D players in this draft, I would not be surprised. Maybe a dynamic TE if MacDonald is not going to cut it.

Just now, cjfollett said:

The Steelers need guys to help get them to the Super Bowl this year and next -- maybe next three years -- while they still have Ben. Rudolph doesn't do that. He's a future guy, and the Steelers can't afford that this year, IMO. RB doesn't help this year either. The D was atrocious, especially after Shaz went down. If they pick all D players in this draft, I would not be surprised. Maybe a dynamic TE if MacDonald is not going to cut it.

I was hoping for D with first 3 picks, but as long as the D gets better it doesn't matter to me as much as some. If these later picks can't get a chance, that is where the problem is and has been.  

7 hours ago, kurgan said:

2.60--Lorenzo Carter/Josh Sweat

3.79--Deon Cain/DJ Chark

3.92--Nyheim Hines/Mark Walton

I would prefer different RBs....Freeman or Johnson from Auburn but that be fine with me.

I didn't study WRs too carefully during the pre-draft process.  But now that Bryant is off to Oakland, time to dive deeper.

Goedert TE

Chubb RB Xxx out that one

Landry (ain't gonna happen)  OLB

Carter OLB

Miller WR

Hubbard OLB

Sutton WR

KIrk WR

St. Brown WR

Bates S

Warner ILB

Turay OLB