Draft day 2 - Official discussion thread

49erurtaza

just sticking this here so I can refer back as the draft unfolds.. :P 

This would be a rough preference list for me, if even just on perceived value alone.

Harold Landry

Joshua Jackson

Ronnie Harrison

Rasheem Greene

Dallas Goedert

Will Hernandez

Courtland Sutton

Isaiah Oliver

Ogbonnia Okoronkwo

Carlton Davis

Uchenna Nwosu

Anthony Miller

DJ Chark

Genard Avery

Donte Jackson

Darius Leonard

Quenton Meeks

Lorenzo Carter

Braden Smith

Josh Jackson would be a dream for me. Altough with Sherman and Witherspoon the outside is pretty set for now so i could also see us waiting till later and go with a guy on day three. In that case i think we have to go with a SAM or Leo so Carter and if he keep dropping Landry can be interesting.

2 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

Josh Jackson would be a dream for me. Altough with Sherman and Witherspoon the outside is pretty set for now so i could also see us waiting till later and go with a guy on day three. In that case i think we have to go with a SAM or Leo so Carter and if he keep dropping Landry can be interesting.

I'd definitely want a corner with 1 of the next 3 picks, if not badly reaching.

Sherman will likely pan out as solid for a couple of years, but he's 30, and coming off an injury. No guarantees with that one.

1 minute ago, oldman9er said:

I'd definitely want a corner with 1 of the next 3 picks, if not badly reaching.

Sherman will likely pan out as solid for a couple of years, but he's 30, and coming off an injury. No guarantees with that one.

I think Sherman, Witherspoon, Ward, Williams is pretty decent already. Ward you can always question if he will be healthy and he probably will be gone next year which is why i would take one on day three but since there are still players available that can be starting for us next year i don't think Corner is that big of a need. 

If Sherman is solid for a couple of years at the best the corner you draft will be starting in his third year. Where a pass rusher will be immediately making an impact and same goes for like a TE or a WR. I wouldn't go crazy if we do draft a CB since i feel drafting the best player you can is always a better strategy than going for need over talent.

7 hours ago, 49erurtaza said:

So we drafted our tackle, now what?

We have picks 59,70 and 74. 

And some of those will drop to 70 and 74, but of course we won't know which ones... and we'll probably end up passing on them too. Not saying that's good or bad.

It's funny I expect a run today at top of rd 2 of some the consensus, higher rated players, whereas bottom of rd 1 yesterday they were passed on. Happens every year. Either teams at the end knows something we don't, or everybody forgets about the highly rated players until the next day :) 

4 hours ago, oldman9er said:

just sticking this here so I can refer back as the draft unfolds.. :P 

This would be a rough preference list for me, if even just on perceived value alone.

Harold Landry- Yes

Joshua Jackson- Hell Yes

Ronnie Harrison-Yes

Rasheem Greene-Naa

Dallas Goedert-Hell Yes

Will Hernandez-Yes

Courtland Sutton-Naa

Isaiah Oliver-Sure

Ogbonnia Okoronkwo-Yes

Carlton Davis-Yes

Uchenna Nwosu-Naa

Anthony Miller-Hell Yes

DJ Chark-sure

Genard Avery-Hell Yes

Donte Jackson-Naa

Darius Leonard-Hell Naa

Quenton Meeks-Yes

Lorenzo Carter-Hell Yes

Braden Smith-Who? 

Mo Hurst, James Washington, Mike Geseki, Shaquem Griffin would also be great value if theyre available. 

Archived