Draft day 2 - Official discussion thread

49erurtaza

39 minutes ago, N4L said:

I woke up this morning and the first thought in my head was Will Hernandez.. no idea why I don't think he fits the zbs but this front office is so difficult to predict. 

If we do draft another lineman which is still a huge need at both guard positions. I hope we Target Corbett from navada 

I think with Fosters situation changing for the good and us taking McGlinchey yesterday, i think this changes alot. Id still say an ILB is a big need, but not nearly as big as it was. 

Rd2: Oliver or Sutton

Rd 3: Malik Jefferson or Donte Jackson

Rd 3: Duke Eijofor or Quenton Meeks

Obviously mixing the positions around, for example taking Oliver, then Jackson, and then Meeks would obviously not be good. You get what i mean.

If the rest could go something like this id give our draft an A+.

Also, im a big fan of Trent Brown and think moving him to Guard would actually be an excellent idea if possible.

Staley - Garnett - Richburg - Brown - McGlinchey ????????

3 minutes ago, NJniners said:

I think with Fosters situation changing for the good and us taking McGlinchey yesterday, i think this changes alot. Id still say an ILB is a big need, but not nearly as big as it was. 

Rd2: Oliver or Sutton

Rd 3: Malik Jefferson or Donte Jackson

Rd 3: Duke Eijofor or Quenton Meeks

Obviously mixing the positions around, for example taking Oliver, then Jackson, and then Meeks would obviously not be good. You get what i mean.

If the rest could go something like this id give our draft an A+.

Also, im a big fan of Trent Brown and think moving him to Guard would actually be an excellent idea if possible.

Staley - Garnett - Richburg - Brown - McGlinchey ????????

There no way brown can play guard especially in this scheme he's to big and to slow.

16 minutes ago, NJniners said:

Maybe youre right. But id still rather have Brown out of position than Beadles in his natural position.

I honestly have no idea how Beadles is still on this team. At this point, there'd be no reason to keep him over Mags, even if he somewhat out performed mags in the preseason and TC 

1 hour ago, 49erurtaza said:

If Landry knee and back is a huge concern for teams I think we can continue to see him tumble 

I could already picture this....John to Jeff "You guys worried about his knee and back" Jeff answers back "WHAT KNEE AND BACK???"

25 minutes ago, 48 1/2ers said:

Genard Avery would come in and be an instant starter at SAM, I hope he makes it to #59. 

I think he will. I mean, you never know, but generally, that's not a position that tends to get overdrafted, and there are still guys like Carter out there. 

1 minute ago, 49erurtaza said:

The way the rumor has it is that we love Ateman, not sure where he goes but don't be surprised if he's one of our picks today or tomorrow.

He's been linked to us quite a bit. I know either Charlie or Walter had him mocked to us for a while.

I don't think WR is a huge need, but would really like to come away with either Ateman/Washington/Gallup/Miller/Pettis.

But Goedert is still available!!!

Archived