Sign in to follow this  
49erurtaza

Draft day 2 - Official discussion thread

Walter updated his mocks for rounds 2 and 3 (something I actually always like that he does). So far, he has us taking Kemoko Turay in round 2 (I'm a Turay fan...tad high, but I'd probably be okay with this), Dante Pettis and Kyzir White in round 3. Looks like he updated this before the Brown trade, however, so pick 95 is still with NE. I'd probably go elsewhere than White in the third round, maybe a linebacker, but I don't think that these are awful choices. 

Charlie updated his, and it's just moronic. He has us going Brian O'Neill in round 2 lol. Like what? Then Auden Tate? LOL hell no. Not in round 3. Then Turay, which again, I'd be good with. 

So we have an extra pick at the bottom of the third and none at the top of the 5th. I like having 4 picks today and now would not be overly opposed to tradeing up as long as it was the recetly acquired low third.

I'm seriously shocked Hughes went before Oliver. Would love to see us grab Oliver. Really believe that guy is a future star@CB. I think he has Lattimore-like ability as a rookie. Would also love Chalk or Landry.

Is pick 95 the one we use on Key? 

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

Is pick 95 the one we use on Key? 

I'd LOVE that but I also face no consequences if he ever messes up LOL. 

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Maybe investing in these stoner guys pays off in 2 years when weed is legal across the league lol

Even if it is legal in all states doesn't mean the NFL will make it legal.

But the man left the team to go to rehab. I don't know if that is a good or bad thing. Bad in the sense he has a real problem, but good that he accepted the problem and tried to get help. 

7 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Would seem to be the sweet spot now. I said 4th round...we don't pick until the end of the 4th, so I could totally understand using 95 for him now just to make sure that we landed him. Even I would be okay with that. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Even if it is legal in all states doesn't mean the NFL will make it legal.

But the man left the team to go to rehab. I don't know if that is a good or bad thing. Bad in the sense he has a real problem, but good that he accepted the problem and tried to get help. 

Yep...honestly, I should probably have a lower grade on him than the 4th given the rehab / drugs / poor 2017 / poor workouts. But hard to ignore that 2016. I think the 4th is a good chance to take on that kidn of upside and that kind of nightmare. He's still a pretty easy cut if he falls down the wrong path. He and Foster could be a really poor combo. 

They said on NFL network that Landry's medicals were clean. Expect him to go high today, but said there wasn't any major red flag. 

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Forge said:

They said on NFL network that Landry's medicals were clean. Expect him to go high today, but said there wasn't any major red flag. 

then hes going to the colts at 35 or 36

Edited by 49erurtaza

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Damn, no chance we get him then.

Colts aren't passing him up then. 

Just now, Pandomonium said:

so do ya'll think we sit at 59 or trade up today?

i expect us to be aggressive, i doubt we draft 9 new people and then sign 6 more udfa.