Draft day 2 - Official discussion thread

49erurtaza

Just now, StevenK said:

Shocked that we went S before corner especially with the Tartt signing.

Where does he play, FS or SS?

Only have Tartt and Colbert as S on the roster. At corner we have Sherman, Witherspoon, Ward, Williams and Mabin.

Just now, y2lamanaki said:

I really like this pick as well. I think this guy is a sleeper and one of the mid-round safety prospects I really liked. He might even be able to play CB. The guy who plays when Ward gets injured on Thursday. 

Yes. Or pushes both Colbert and Tartt. Or learns from Sherman. Whichever ends up working. I'm down with taking superb athletes that can already ball a little for reserve learning roles. That is why you have mid round picks. I just want a pass rusher.

Just now, Justone2 said:

Only have Tartt and Colbert as S on the roster. At corner we have Sherman, Witherspoon, Ward, Williams and Mabin.

Oh I agree, I wanted Fitzpatrick in the first, I guess with the push towards the mid rounds, I would of have thought corner.

11 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

If the other picks are any indication, seems like we are taking plus athletes for their position. 

Who fits that bill for our next pick? 

Very good point.  I predicted the new FO would clean house in  the course of a couple years. They've done it in one  And overall team speed has gone up dramtically.  I love getting more speed on the team. Whoever we add at the end of the 3rd look for more spped.

1 minute ago, PapaShogun said:

#Playoff mode. 

You got me there. Funny thing is, if we would have drafted a stud pass rusher, the likelihood of making the playoffs would probably be higher. Somewhat of a self fulfilling prophecy, but I will commend them on their patience and trying to build a long term winner over short term gratification. 

Lets resign Elvis Dumerville? seriously, what is their plan for LEO. is it ATTACHU

1 minute ago, N4L said:

You got me there. Funny thing is, if we would have drafted a stud pass rusher, the likelihood of making the playoffs would probably be higher. Somewhat of a self fulfilling prophecy, but I will commend them on their patience and trying to build a long term winner over short term gratification. 

Lets resign Elvis Dumerville? seriously, what is their plan for LEO. is it ATTACHU

when they meant they are putting harold at leo they meant it apparently 

Archived