Deadpulse

Brandon Cooks Lights Up Jags in Joint Practices

6 posts in this topic

Deadpulse    58

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/patriots/2017/08/brandin_cooks_ability_to_stretch_field_is_opening_eyes

Some highlights from the article:

The Patriots’ explosive new wide receiver has been impressive throughout the offseason, and he has put on a clinic against the Jaguars during two days of joint practices at Gillette Stadium. Remarkably, despite actively scheming to defend the deep post, the Jaguars still were vulnerable to Cooks’ speed.

his understanding of the Patriots' complex offense and route tree have been excellent.

Good news and fun to think about!

dhunt2402    5

I'm gonna try to get him in every fantasy league I'm in. Knock on wood he's gonna absolutely tear it up this year.

Deadpulse    58

I feel like he could have some shallow games, but it seems like he is doing it all in camp, working over the top, underneath, screens, the complete tree

Put this guy in bubble wrap until the season opener.

This offense is going to be special. It has so many weapons, I'm not sure how you even stop it. Can't wait for the season.

Deadpulse    58
1 hour ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

Put this guy in bubble wrap until the season opener.

Well he is sitting out game 1 tonight, so you might get your wish. I'd be shocked if him and Brady dont get some live reps in pre-season though. 

Hunter2_1    18

I'm expecting him to go off, actually. Think this could be a very good addition. His double moves are fantastic, and Brady loves throwing to a double move.