Day 2 targets

St Vince

1 hour ago, spilltray said:

I don't really think OL is a need. You have Spriggs, Murphy, McCray, Pankey and Patrick who all we're solid last year, plus the starters.

Bulaga will start the year on PUP. Not sold on Spriggs.  Hernandez would be a plug and play RT for the next 10 years. The other names are just depth, don't want them protecting my 40 million dollar a year QB.

14 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Couple of guys I'd like.  Carter, Gesicki, Hernandez, Sutton, Williams, Hurst (if medical checks out), Turay, Jefferson, and Reid.  9 guys.  Gute may trade down on day 2 we'll see.  A lot of good players will be available and we can go a number of ways.  View TE as weakest position on the team a guy like Geskicki would probably be my first choice.  Think we could probably trade down and still land Carter.  Williams, Hernandez, Sutton, and Jefferson should all be off the board when we pick.

I like tight end as well but I would take Goedart and Andrews well before Gisecki

1 hour ago, Green19 said:

Some of the names I’m interested in.

- Dallas Goedert, South Dakota State

- D.J. Chark, LSU

- Tyrell Crosby, Oregon

- Will Hernandez, UTEP

- James Daniels, Iowa

- Harold Landry, Boston College (pending medical)

-  Kemoko Turay, Rutgers

- Malik Jefferson, Texas

- Ronnie Harrison, Alabama

I'll add Oliver to that list...can't have enough corners.

I'll add Carter, Key and Nwosu to the list as well.  EDGE rushers.

I'll add Sutton, Washington and Miller to the WR list.

Lots of good players out there.  Wouldn't shock me when a good WR gets to our first pick in round 4 after we take EDGE here in round 2.

21 minutes ago, St Vince said:

Bulaga will start the year on PUP. Not sold on Spriggs.  Hernandez would be a plug and play RT for the next 10 years. The other names are just depth, don't want them protecting my 40 million dollar a year QB.

I hadn't considered that...Hernandez at RT.

Can people weigh in on whether or not he has RT traits?

I like the idea of him anchoring RG or RT for the next decade.

1 hour ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I don't know what you're referring to with Key, but that doesn't sound good. 

He left school to go to rehab last year, ballooned up to 280 during the season, dropped all the way down to 235 for this process and posted mediocre athletic numbers. Apparently was very impressive in interviews though, told GMs everything he went through and was blatantly honest. 2017 Arden Key is going to be cut before a second contract, but if a team gets 2016 Arden Key, that's the biggest steal of the draft bar none. He was better than Chubb, hell he was better than Myles Garrett in 2016.

1 hour ago, spilltray said:

I don't really think OL is a need. You have Spriggs, Murphy, McCray, Pankey and Patrick who all we're solid last year, plus the starters.

Bulaga is not a sure thing in Green Bay, OL is a need.  None of the above names are up grades.

36 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Couple of guys I'd like.  Carter, Gesicki, Hernandez, Sutton, Williams, Hurst (if medical checks out), Turay, Jefferson, and Reid.  9 guys.  Gute may trade down on day 2 we'll see.  A lot of good players will be available and we can go a number of ways.  View TE as weakest position on the team a guy like Geskicki would probably be my first choice.  Think we could probably trade down and still land Carter.  Williams, Hernandez, Sutton, and Jefferson should all be off the board when we pick.

Agreed a trade back would make some sense, in order to get back in the third. I don't want to trade out of the first day 3 spot at this point however. Rather keep that to ****** up whoever falls through the cracks. So if they can somehow keep that one while getting back up in the third I'll be extremely excited. 

5 minutes ago, jfinley88 said:

Harold Landry
Isaiah Oliver
Josh Jackson
Courtland Sutton
DJ Chark
Anthony Miller
Lorenzo Carter
Will Hernandez
Eric Reid
Mike Desicki
Dallas Goedert
Derrius Guice

no order short list

No Landry, teams figured him out.  Ran at him and his game is done.

2 minutes ago, jleisher said:

No Landry, teams figured him out.  Ran at him and his game is done.

In a passing league, that one trick works pretty good.  If he's on the field for obvious running downs, the DC needs to have his head examined.

Archived