Day 2 targets

St Vince

Just now, NormSizedMidget said:

I prefer to believe you and the others lived an alternative life than me for one year where he had 1000 yards. Lol

or you missed the part where I said "when healthy."

read before posting, son...

8 minutes ago, Joe said:

2010 - Morgan Burnett: The best 3rd rounder of the bunch by a mile.

2008 - Jermichael Finley: All the tools you want out of a TE, but could never really put it all together consistently.

2007 - James Jones: Solid WR2 over the long-term, but not as good as Burnett

Not so sure I want to trade back into the 3rd, especially given our more recent history...

I agree the 3rd round picks between 2011-2017 were brutal.

However, Burnett, James Jones, and Finley, all picked prior to 2011, were all contributors picked in the 3rd round.

A lot changed in the front office after 2010 that may have contributed to the selection of a bunch of guys, at best, in the third between 2011-2017.

A lot also changed in the front office after the 2017 season.

I am not going to damn Gut based on the selections of his predecessor and will remain optimistic he can do better than a Thornton, Green, or Fackrell in round 3 until he proves otherwise.

7 minutes ago, Joe said:

or you missed the part where I said "when healthy."

read before posting, son...

Lol son.

Whatever. He had like a dozen catches in what a half dozen games. Zomg so proven.

He's 5x more proven at RB.....

WHEN HEALTHY

dude didn't do **** in the NFL to be proven at wr. You're talking out your ***. Then you had to go with "welllll my eye testzzzzz." Oh and when healthy. I should learn to read. Bc like ty struggled so bad at tailback when healthy.

Don't talk down to me when I rip your ****ty opinion....son. what you said is crap.

18 minutes ago, Joe said:

As much as I'd like to trade up back into the 3rd, I'm hesitant to do so. Why? Here are the 3rd round picks since TT took over.

2017 - Montravius Adams: Too early to call, but he's been dinged up and hasn't done much

2016 - Kyler Fackrell: Some in this forum have considered giving up on him.

2015 - Ty Montgomery: Decent value for a 3rd rounder and has proven to be productive when healthy.....as a WR...

2014 - Khyri Thornton: One of Dom's Duds along the D-line.

2014 - Richard Rodgers: A JAG and a reach from Day 1. The only memorable thing he really ever did was catch a hail mary in Detroit...

*No 3rd round selection in 2013, 2012, 2009, or 2005

2011 - Alex Green: A big back afraid to hit the hole.

2010 - Morgan Burnett: The best 3rd rounder of the bunch by a mile.

2008 - Jermichael Finley: All the tools you want out of a TE, but could never really put it all together consistently.

2007 - James Jones: Solid WR2 over the long-term, but not as good as Burnett

2007 - Aaron Rouse: The Pat Listasch of Safeties - Awesome rookie year, then disappeared.

2006 - Abdul Hodge: Showed some promise, then got hurt.

2006 - Jason Spitz: *see Hodge

Not so sure I want to trade back into the 3rd, especially given our more recent history...

This implies the 3rd round is a talent dead zone. Rather - either we selected poorly / coached em up badly / or injury nipped the careers (of those that didnt turn out) in the bud. There's a new Sheriff in town now.

38 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Speaking of 3rds, maybe we can claw one back

Chargers are feeling real good about snagging D.James yesterday. Are they moving any WRs today ?

Packers 2.45 for :

Chargers WR Tyrell Williams and their 3.20. The difference in picks is still 2nd round value, the RFA tender they originally put on him.

I like your thinking. Have you reached out to the LAC's yet? The clock is ticking :)

4 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

So what you're saying is... We should just trade all future third round picks for fourth round picks to avoid the bad luck? 

There's only one way to rebuild this OL from LG-RT and it's in the 4th and 5th RDs. 

2 hours ago, NormSizedMidget said:

Lol son.

Whatever. He had like a dozen catches in what a half dozen games. Zomg so proven.

He's 5x more proven at RB.....

WHEN HEALTHY

dude didn't do **** in the NFL to be proven at wr. You're talking out your ***. Then you had to go with "welllll my eye testzzzzz." Oh and when healthy. I should learn to read. Bc like ty struggled so bad at tailback when healthy.

Don't talk down to me when I rip your ****ty opinion....son. what you said is crap.

Served.

8 minutes ago, Kepler said:

Served.

I could have let it go. He was just saying he thinks by his eye test he was a good wr. But he's not "proven" but I'm a young stupid son kid thing. I was taping the draft when I was 8 years old lol. I could be a **** and rag and be arrogant but my god. Have some ******* self humility. We're all just idiots with internet access. The only difference is some of us don't realize that.

Sorry to rant for the second time over this but cmon lol

Archived