2018 NFL Draft Thread - Day 2

SemperFeist

32 minutes ago, rpmwr19 said:

Alright y’all, I think that probably ends my ability to keep up with the draft overseas. When day 3 starts, I’ll be gearing up for a football game and I doubt I’ll have WiFi on the way back. 

Enjoy it! Be nice to one another! SKOL Vikings!

You mean soccer?

How on earth is Jamarco Jones still available?!  I’m fairly confident that he could come in and be a week one starter at RT for us if we wanted to put Remmers at OG.  I don’t think O’Niell will be able to start as a rookie.  

51 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

Why?

He has a lot of athletic ability, but he’s still pretty raw and needs time to develop.  At the senior bowl he lost something like 80% of his practice reps against defensive linemen.

Looking at who's still available (lots of talented players imo) Josh Sweat needs to be the pick if available. 

He fits a need and similarly to Hunter when he was drafted he projects as a player who will have a better nfl career than CFB.

Don't know much about Crosby, but plenty here seem to like him and double dipping on OTs ain't a bad idea.  Does he have some medical concerns?

Edit: seems rp's post answered the question regarding Crosby

8 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Functional strength. 

Hmmmm?

Size/weight seems to more relevant than his actual functional strength. only just started watching some cut ups this morning, but from a strength perspective he seems legit to me.  At least relative to his size (still a little light for an OT)

13 hours ago, Kparty15 said:

How on earth is Jamarco Jones still available?!  I’m fairly confident that he could come in and be a week one starter at RT for us if we wanted to put Remmers at OG.  I don’t think O’Niell will be able to start as a rookie.  

I'm hoping Jones can fall to The Vikes' next pick.  

Archived