2018 NFL Draft Thread - Day 2

SemperFeist

25 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

I'll re-ask the question here ... what is the lowest you would accept in a trade for Waynes.

For me it would have to be a pick before 48 this year or a first round pick next year. Waynes is a very good player that the team has under their control for two more years at a very reasonable average salary. That is not something the team is likely to replace with a later pick.

1 hour ago, CriminalMind said:

I'm prepared for a trade down from our 2nd round pick to high-mid 3rd round.

Agreed, gotta figure Rick will try like hell to get a 4th rounder at some point today, and this is the most likely way he can do it

59 minutes ago, Cearbhall said:

For me it would have to be a pick before 48 this year or a first round pick next year. Waynes is a very good player that the team has under their control for two more years at a very reasonable average salary. That is not something the team is likely to replace with a later pick.

Waynes had a good season last year. No desire to replace the guy with anyone we have on the roster.

2 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

Will Hernandez - G - UTEP
Connor Williams - T - Texas
James Daniels - C - Iowa
Tyrell Crosby - T - Oregon
Austin Corbett - G - Nevada
Braden Smith - G - Auburn
Jamarco Jones - T - Ohio State

These are about the only o-linemen left that I would project as immediate starter quality linemen. 

Agreed, I'm hoping for BPA in the trenches at 62.

5 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

So, pass on selecting a starting OL at all? I hope not.

I'd argue that any OL the Vikings would draft at their current slot in the 2nd round isn't capable of starting day one anyway.  Maybe they have a decent shot of winning the job, but they certainly would have some work to do right now to catch up with an Easton or Hill.  

58 minutes ago, Robbroy45 said:

One hour earlier than last night, so 6 PM for you guys...I think...I'm in New York and I can't remember if you guys are 1 or 2 hours behind me

1 hour behind Eastern Standard Time (NY). MN is in the CST zone (Central Standard Time) 

28 minutes ago, disaacs said:

I'd argue that any OL the Vikings would draft at their current slot in the 2nd round isn't capable of starting day one anyway.  Maybe they have a decent shot of winning the job, but they certainly would have some work to do right now to catch up with an Easton or Hill.  

Which is why I could potentially see a trade down, or addressing another position (EDGE/TE).

In my mocks, when I selected CB with #30, generally (and I'm not live projecting) the value for #62 was EDGE/TE/DT ... there really wasn't any OL available at #62, that was far superior than ones available with the 3rd rounder.

Archived