2nd and 3rd Round Draft Talk

Titans fan 617

I hate to say it but if hes got some kind of lingering injury I think thats a good thing for us because we would have never been able to get both him and Evans...

and the most basic injury can scare people away when your talking about picking that high. You need a sure thing...so theres a good chance he will just need some time to get healthy if thats the case.

And is it safe to say some of the guys who were slightly dissapointed we picked Evans weren't bummed because of Evans...but because we didnt get Landry...and now we have them both...I dont think there will ever be a more rewarding draft for the fans. Jon Robinson and Mike V really delivered.

8 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Nah, I think you're right. But I'm going to hold on to the dream of coming out of this draft with Evans/Landry/Reid until it's no longer possible.

honestly we should just sign the other reid in FA and call it a day

6 minutes ago, capton_cutclass said:

And is it safe to say some of the guys who were slightly dissapointed we picked Evans weren't bummed because of Evans...but because we didnt get Landry...and now we have them both...I dont think there will ever be a more rewarding draft for the fans. Jon Robinson and Mike V really delivered.

This I can agree with. There’s no other player I wanted more at 25 then Landry. I had given up on that dream because I felt he would be long gone before then. To me, he’s a top 15 player in this draft. This “injury” concern really is puzzling. Oh well, adds fuel to the fire for him. Getting Evans and Landry goes a long way in revamping this front 7. It’s been a long time since we valued defense in a draft this high. Defense wins championships and I’m glad to see JRob finally going that route. This defense should be damn good this season. Depth is improved at every position except safety. I’d still target Vaccaro or Reid in FA. Shocked that both are still available(especially Vaccaro, Reid we know why).

9 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

This I can agree with. There’s no other player I wanted more at 25 then Landry. I had given up on that dream because I felt he would be long gone before then. To me, he’s a top 15 player in this draft. This “injury” concern really is puzzling. Oh well, adds fuel to the fire for him. Getting Evans and Landry goes a long way in revamping this front 7. It’s been a long time since we valued defense in a draft this high. Defense wins championships and I’m glad to see JRob finally going that route. This defense should be damn good this season. Depth is improved at every position except safety. I’d still target Vaccaro or Reid in FA. Shocked that both are still available(especially Vaccaro, Reid we know why).

He definitley fell for some reason...Jon Robinson said they thought about taking him at 25...idk when that was exactly....BUT like I said before if the player tries to downplay an injury that will raise red flags this high in the draft with all the dollars and roster spots on the line...my feeling is you can never have enough pass rushers. Look at the Eagles last year they had a stable of guys to constantly pressure players and it ended up winning them a championship with that strip sack. If the league trends toward that than Landry being injured we could limit his reps and let him take his time with it. I really like this pick.

Id be interested in who the pick at 25 would have been Landry or Evans without whatever caused Landry to slide?

5 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

This is the truth. We're clearly more talented than we were last season and we went to the divisional round. If this coaching staff can use that talent to it's full potential, we could be looking at our best team(record wise) since 08.

Archived