The blind side has been a myth for a long time

Nastradamus

21 hours ago, jrry32 said:

I've been saying this for years. The smart teams recognized it and capitalized on it. Sean Payton and Aaron Kromer took advantage of it for years. The people who think LTs are still vastly more important than the other OL positions are dinosaurs stuck in the past. LTs get drafted higher because of scarcity, which is in a way a self-fulfilling prophecy. The intelligent and evolved teams are building from the inside out.

Just totally ridiculous, Kyle Shanahan is the new offensive genius in the NFL and he just reached for a LT because he wanted to protect Garp's career. Any team that is comitted to a passing attack always builds from the outside in, starting with a LT. 

Oakland's new HC who is also very offensive minded, reached even more for a LT named Miller to protect his once injured QB.

I guess BB must not know what he is doing either, as he drafted a LT to replace Solder (a past 1st rounder) even though he is considered too short for the position, but he did it to protect Brady's blindside.

By your standard, all these HC's are just plain dumb I guess, their SB rings mean nothing and they are all just too far behind the times to know what they are doing!!! Utterly ridiculous!!!

3 minutes ago, Iamcanadian said:

Just totally ridiculous, Kyle Shanahan is the new offensive genius in the NFL and he just reached for a LT because he wanted to protect Garp's career. Any team that is comitted to a passing attack always builds from the outside in, starting with a LT. 

Oakland's new HC who is also very offensive minded, reached even more for a LT named Miller to protect his once injured QB.

I guess BB must not know what he is doing either, as he drafted a LT to replace Solder (a past 1st rounder) even though he is considered too short for the position, but he did it to protect Brady's blindside.

By your standard, all these HC's are just plain dumb I guess, their SB rings mean nothing and they are all just too far behind the times to know what they are doing!!! Utterly ridiculous!!!

He reached for a RT, Mr. Dinosaur.

Belichick is smart AF. He built up the interior of that OL in recent years and then stole the best LT in the Draft because other teams are stupid enough to write a guy off for being 6'3". That wasn't even close to a reach. He filled his biggest need with a guy most teams were relegating to guard. That's exactly the sort of forward thinking that I am promoting. That's as anti-dinosaur as they come.

38 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

He reached for a RT, Mr. Dinosaur.

Belichick is smart AF. He built up the interior of that OL in recent years and then stole the best LT in the Draft because other teams are stupid enough to write a guy off for being 6'3". That wasn't even close to a reach. He filled his biggest need with a guy most teams were relegating to guard. That's exactly the sort of forward thinking that I am promoting. That's as anti-dinosaur as they come.

Well, we had this argument a long time ago and I see no reason to continue it. We both have our opinions and will have to leave it at that.

Archived