Hooker or Peppers and Ward

mistakey

Tough one to answer right now, as we haven't seen Ward or peppers with an opportunity this year do play at their natural positions in the NFL.

I see Malik Hooker as an injury bust within the next few years, so it's an easy choice for me. Hooker the player is phenomenal, though.

I'd rather have Ward straight up over Hooker. Not even up for debate IMO when you factor in Jabrill Peppers as a throw-in.

Do people realize that Denzel Ward is our answer to slowing down Antonio Brown? We are routinely gashed by that dude and with the addition of Denzel Ward, I think his ability to rip us apart goes down quite a bit. Ward is as good in man coverage as any prospect I've ever evaluated. I wish he was 6'2 also, but there are like 3-4 instances in his entire collegiate career where size didn't allow him to capitalize on a play to be made.

1 hour ago, TheeRealDeal said:

Dear Webby, 

We need a dislike button please,

Thanks, the only rational fans left in Cleveland.

You don't want this. It'll be a bunch of sour grapes Darnold fans hating everything positive that can be said about Baker and Dorsey. 

Too early to tell. I’m not big on Peppers. He may or may not ever develop into a plus NFL player. So for me, the topic is Ward v. Hooker. I think Hooker is a long-term impact FS. I think Ward is a long-term very good CB. Good NFL starting CBs aren’t easy to find. Push for me there, so I’ll take Ward/Peppers with the chance that Jabril develops into something at some point as a bonus.

Archived