Boy, the decision to ban watching the prospects get their phone calls has really backfired on the NFL.

Iamcanadian

Agree the spoilers are far worse than blocking the calls.   

Having followed the first 1.5 hrs on phone while at Infinity Wars in the back row in an aisle seat the suspense of the picks drew me in.   I can watch the full show and calls on delay later.  

1 hour ago, bucsfan333 said:

I hate having the picks tipped. I like finding out when Goodell announces it.

Exactly.  As others have said, just replay the reaction of the player and his friends and family a few seconds after Goodell announces the pick.

55 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Unlike so many of the younger generation, im not going to expect anybody to accommodate my preferences.  

Your lucky those younger generations are here. You would have a really hard time getting your walker up the stairs for Tuesday bingo at the VFW.  

That being said I never really noticed the tipping anyways. I like watching the looks when the players get their call. I haven't seen Alexanders yet and it was probably good considering how fiery he seems. 

2 hours ago, wackywabbit said:

Strongly disagree with your opinion. The picks were so excting.

I was very happy with the broadcasts. And yea.. replay is a thing.

I would agree except for the fact that Mayock made sure to call it seconds before Goodell got to the podium.

1 hour ago, Spartacus said:

Your lucky those younger generations are here. You would have a really hard time getting your walker up the stairs for Tuesday bingo at the VFW.  

That being said I never really noticed the tipping anyways. I like watching the looks when the players get their call. I haven't seen Alexanders yet and it was probably good considering how fiery he seems. 

No walker yet. Still have another 30-60 years before ill have to worry bout that.  Thankfully my oldest "gonna b a doctor" daughter doesnt feel like the rest of her generation

1 hour ago, Spartacus said:

Lololol

1 hour ago, daineraider said:

I would agree except for the fact that Mayock made sure to call it seconds before Goodell got to the podium.

He was on NFL Network right? I didn't think they were tipping picks. They seemed generally shocked on a few

30 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

No walker yet. Still have another 30-60 years before ill have to worry bout that.  Thankfully my oldest "gonna b a doctor" daughter doesnt feel like the rest of her generation

Yes, your daughter is the only member of an entire generation that isn't killing restaurants, home ownership, beer, golf, America, hard work.... (I'm not even a millennial) The fact that you felt the need to say "gonna b a doctor" makes me think shes not "gonna b a doctor". I don't want to derail this thread anymore but I find the whole "Our generation was so much better except for my child " tiring. 

2 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

Yes, your daughter is the only member of an entire generation that isn't killing restaurants, home ownership, beer, golf, America, hard work.... (I'm not even a millennial) The fact that you felt the need to say "gonna b a doctor" makes me think shes not "gonna b a doctor". I don't want to derail this thread anymore but I find the whole "Our generation was so much better except for my child " tiring. 

You gotta love the old curmudgeons have to tie how the youths of this world are the worst every chance they get. We're talking about freaking NFL draft coverage and the dudes still botchin "get off my damn lawn with your wheelie boards you darn whippersnappers!!!"

My God..shoot me if I ever get like that

2 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

I find an entire generation who decided truth is maliable tiring.  But i digress...

Bears may move up early here but i could also see them trading back a few times.  So in all reality, i have no idea what they are going to do

54 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

He was on NFL Network right? I didn't think they were tipping picks. They seemed generally shocked on a few

Exactly, he was wrong a bunch too (Ward, Davenport, Ragnow, etc). You can ask him to stop making his guesses though. That would help.

Just now, MikeT14 said:

Exactly, he was wrong a bunch too (Ward, Davenport, Ragnow, etc). You can ask him to stop making his guesses though. That would help.

Yeah he throws out a bunch of guesses and if he happens to say the player or position right before it's announced, people think he's tipping

Archived