Jason Witten planning on retiring

49erurtaza

Oh, yeah? So! Who's going to destroy the Giants for 9 catches and 2 touchdowns a game, two games a season?

They never did figure out how to stop this guy. As a Giants' fan, he always seemed like a combination of Rob Gronkowski, Kellen Winslow, and Mike Ditka to me. Have a good retirement, Jason- you earned it on the Giants' games alone!

Image result for Jason Witten

Looks like it's a case of ESPN upping their offer.  Maybe Jerry ups his?

Cowboys TE Jason Witten is retiring from the NFL after 15 seasons.

Just 10 days ago, Witten confirmed he was going to play this season and planned to bypass a TV job until next year at the earliest. ESPN must have sweetened their offer, as the network is desperate to fill out its new Monday Night Football team. Per ESPN's Chris Mortensen, Witten will be a lead analyst on the crew. Witten, 36 next week, will meet with Jerry Jones on Friday to finalize his decision. A 2003 third-rounder, Witten caught 68 career touchdowns and amassed 1,152 catches for 12,448 yards. He was a two-time first-team All-Pro and made 11 Pro Bowls. Witten is likely eventually headed for the Hall of Fame.

20 minutes ago, bzane said:

Oh, yeah? So! Who's going to destroy the Giants for 9 catches and 2 touchdowns a game, two games a season?

They never did figure out how to stop this guy. As a Giants' fan, he always seemed like a combination of Rob Gronkowski, Kellen Winslow, and Mike Ditka to me. Have a good retirement, Jason- you earned it on the Giants' games alone!

Image result for Jason Witten

Oh, it wasn't just the Giants.

I have maintained over the years that I longed for Witten to start the clock for his inevitable Hall of Fame induction. While I loathe the Cowboys, Witten was one guy who I could never complain about (beyond the regular "WHY ARE YOU LETTING HIM GET SO BLOODY OPEN!?!" comments).

Archived