Jason Witten planning on retiring

49erurtaza

Just now, minutemancl said:

I still cannot figure out how he constantly, for 15 years, would get wide open against the Giants. Great career, and as a Giants fan I'm super happy to see him go. 

He's right up there with Westbrook and Dawkins on the "thorn in our side" rival index. If this is true.. it's a relief and I say that not of ill will. The guy truly has brought us sheer misery over the years. He was and still is a hell of a player. Wish him the best in what he chooses to do.

He had a good career. It was close to time though because even if he could still get open he was going absolutely nowhere once he actually caught the ball. 

While I do think he is a Hall of Fame worthy player it is wild to know that he has 225 more receptions than Antonio Gates, but has 46 less touchdowns and that's with Gates starting 40 less games!

One of my favorite players. I need to look up his stats for 3rd down conversations. Clutch.

I didnt see all his games but i would watch him when he faced the team i root for, prime time games, playoffs. Gteat player from what i saw. 

On 4/27/2018 at 6:09 PM, Malik said:

He had a good career. It was close to time though because even if he could still get open he was going absolutely nowhere once he actually caught the ball. 

While I do think he is a Hall of Fame worthy player it is wild to know that he has 225 more receptions than Antonio Gates, but has 46 less touchdowns and that's with Gates starting 40 less games!

Yeah, kinda crazy. But that's how it works sometimes. 

1 hour ago, Crickett said:

So, if Jason Witten retires, who plays TE for the Cowboys?  Is Dalton Schultz going to be a day one starter or are they going to bring in a vet like Marcedes Lewis or Anthony Fasano?

Either Swaim or Rico Gathers most likely. Schultz is still decently raw and will require a little more seasoning. 

On 4/28/2018 at 10:03 PM, RaidersAreOne said:

Man Dak's weapons are going to look so different next year. Bryant, Witten, Switzer, Butler... all gone.

He'll elivate his game and the players around him. As a Cowboy fan I'm not worried.

Archived